10 Day ride to EOM 2012

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtnhigh

Reaction score
So I finally got my stuff together and made plans to get to an FJR event. I convinced my buddy Dan to come along.(not hard to do if he can get the time off)

Dan is our official narrator for our rides, so here is the link to our story from our local site:

https://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/f61/wild-hogs-destroying-tires-77283/

We have done many trips in the past and all of them have been so much fun.

I had told him before we left that the FJR group is more fun than he would expect. He wasn't disappointed. Although he had a preview of the group riding with RoadRunner Last year. ( thanks again Art for that tour of the Daks!!! :yahoo: )

Once again, I must say how enjoyable my first EOM was for me. Thank you Wayne and all the other volunteers. I wll definitely have to make this a part of my schedule every year!

It was great meeting you and Dan in the party lot. That guy had us bustin' gut all night. Good ride report/pics too!

Lots of fun. I was looking at the Z1000 in the parking lot trying to figure out what it was. I don't know much about Kaw's and had never seen one before. Looks pretty cool.

I was also looking @ his bike trying to figure out what it was. Boy, what a torture rack of a seat.

It was fun riding with y'all...did anyone mention the gorilla on a mini bike? ;)

Nice report!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bungie - If we recorded some of the nights at the campsites and played it back alot of people wouldn't believe we're only drinking Jack.! He's a great friend for long trips like these. It never gets dull. :D And it was nice to meet you as well

Geezer/Luvtoride - nice to see you again, and meet you Heidi. Alot of people think the Kawi was modified that way and not stock. He enjoys keeping people guessing. We were at a campsite on the way home and i mentioned that the vin plate is only bolted on. He now wants me to tack weld it under the seat so there will be nothing saying Kawi visible. :lol:

Intech - Thanks for leading a great ride. Had a blast. Maybe i'll see you next time your up for a ride to WV. Unfortunately, the foilage ride is not gonna happen

For me.

Burnspot- I've made the gorilla comment about him on every bike I've seen him on so far! - I think he's warming up to the possible of an FJR. Much better fit.It's funny to me to look at the pictures of our past trips and see me with all kinds of room on the FJ, and him on his bike which, have all seemed too small for him.