The new BMW HP4,

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another view of the HP4 at The Ridge, WA.

PSSR_Aug_4_2013_Ridge_0518-L.jpg

I got to spend an entire day on one of those a few weeks ago and that thing was really fast. Not something I would want to ride far but it would sure be cool to have one in the garage.
Edit: Apparently I...know how to get a picture to post correctly
photo10_zps123b7b9c.jpg

Lows
  • Tinted windshield impairs vision
The Standard Package comes in at $20,525 and the Premium Package is offered at $24,995.

Cycle World

I accelerated down pit lane on the rear wheel, the HP4’s brute torque immediately evident. But big power doesn’t always correlate with fast lap times. When I rode the standard S1000RR at Miller Motorsports Park earlier this year , big throttle openings produced the sensation of time-warp speed, but a quick lap required a lot of physical exertion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got to spend an entire day on one of those a few weeks ago and that thing was really fast. Not something I would want to ride far but it would sure be cool to have one in the garage.
https://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n14/ynotride/photo10_zps123b7b9c.jpg

Edit: Apparently I no longer know how to get a picture to post correctly
upset.gif
I did the California Uber bike school at NJMP and yes that thing is extremely fast. I REALLY want one but when I even mention casually how much fun it would be AND how safe track riding is, the wife just gives me that look...That "You've just lost your mind haven't you" look.

You know, its not only just about good lucking and rich...I tried riding an R1 some time ago....could not fit on the damn thing...my legs are way too long:(...

R.

Sorry for the dumb question, but I'm not too familiar with BMW's super sport line. I followed this guy on his BMW a while last Saturday and was impressed with the looks. Is this an HP4?

0QAK01KG0G0095.jpg

0QAK01KG0F0100.jpg

As I see it, one of the negatives to owning a $20+ thousand SportBike; you'd havta spend about $2500 in riding gear. The Joe Rocket crap ain't gonna cut it on that machine.