CFR 2013 Official Announcement

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamafitter

Reigning NERDS Granite Lane Gold Medalist
Reaction score
The venue for the 2013 CFR will be the Hidden Valley Resort located on the shores of Lake Peninsula near Huntsville, Ontario Canada.

The Date for CFR is:

June 20-23, 2013

The address for the venue is:

Hidden Valley Resort

1755 Valley Road

Huntsville, Ontario

P1H 1Z8

Tele: 1 (800) 465-4171 or 1 (705) 789-2302

BOOKING CODE: Yamaha FJR OWNERS GROUP

GPS Co-Ordinates - N45 21.344 W79 07.697

To receive the Group Rate you must make the reservation by phone and mention the Booking Code. I have made my reservation to test the system and Hidden Valley is set up to take reservations now.

Please Note - Our American friends will require a Passport or NEXUS Card to cross the border into Canada and to return to the United States.

This is the heart of cottage country and some of the finest riding the province of Ontario has to offer. Both Parry Sound, the home of the Canadian Sport Bike Rally and Haliburton are both easily within an day ride. Come ride Bungie's favorite Ontario road, Hwy 518 or better yet come ride Hwy 508, Haliburton #3, Elephant Lake Rd and the Peterson Trail. Well not the trail, you need a WR450F for that but the Peterson Road that parallels the trail is fun too.

Room rates are as follows:

Hillside - $109.95

Lakeside - $129.95

taxes and meals extra

Hidden Valley Resorts offers a number of amenities including the following:

• World Class Golf Courses within 5-45 minutes by car

• Outdoor lit Tennis and Basketball Courts

• Indoor/Outdoor Pool (weather permitting)

• Volleyball

• Hiking

• Horseback Riding Nearby

• World Class Fishing (Guided charters available)

• Mountain Bikes Nearby

• Water sports including canoes, kayaks, and pedal boats. (Available June 28 - Labour Day, weather permitting)

• White Sand Beach

• Algonquin Park

The CFR Website will be updated shortly. We are still working on banquet arrangements, shirts and other items and all will be announced on the CFR Website when Rally Registration opens in the New Year.

We have blocked 25 rooms so book early so as not to be disappointed. More rooms MAY be available at the rally rate depending on room inventory at the time.

CFR%202013%20logo_edited-1-L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Schweet! Putting the appropriate x's on the calendar.

Now..How long before the mick comes along and mucks this into the dirt? :huh:

Sounds like some great plans were made. I love that area...but unfortunately the dates don't work for me.

If only 35 rooms are reserved, my advice would be to get onto that pronto...when CFR 2007 was in that area, I really was surprised at both how scenic the area is...AND how great some of the roads were. I love those 500 series of roads! :yahoo:

I really was surprised at both how scenic the area is...AND how great some of the roads were. I love those 500 series of roads! :yahoo:
Yup, nice area, and 518 was repaved a couple of years ago. It's in prime shape.

My ride to this event maybe a little longer than it currently is. Stuff is transpiring. I hope to be able to spill the beans in the next week.

Oh my... :eek:

I don't think 35 rooms will be enough, will it?

I mean, we sold out at NERDS this year with 45 rooms and some at the campgrounds... and half of those attendees were from Canada! :p

I'm definitely going to pitch this one to the CFO tonight. I'd better get hot on renewing my expired passport right away!!

My ride to this event maybe a little longer than it currently is. Stuff is transpiring. I hope to be able to spill the beans in the next week.
Good luck with that Steve. Maybe you can fly and ride to this event with FJRGuy then?

Now..How long before the mick comes along and mucks this into the dirt? :huh:
Here's Donny! Just got off the phone with Cyndi at the Hidden Valley Resort and the Stanley-Monkhouse Clan is fully booked; Lakeside room, two queen beds and flat screen TV. $437.31 with taxes included for the 3 nights; confirmation #257944XXX. Need to start shopping for a convertible!!

Cleveland? :blink:

Wow, crap, wow!! I just did a Google map of the CFR command central. There seems to be more water up that way than land mass. And as anyone knows, the bestest murdercylcing roads are often adjacent to waterways. It makes them go all squiggley like. This is looking really good. B)

:blink:

Wow, crap, wow!! I just did a Google map of the CFR command central. There seems to be more water up that way than land mass. And as anyone knows, the bestest murdercylcing roads are often adjacent to waterways. It makes them go all squiggley like. This is looking really good. B)
I have a special route for you Fred. Start shopping for knobbies for your FJR.

Fred, you will not be disappointed. GREAT area for riding. :clapping:

oops. I had a typo...it looks like only 25 rooms have been blocked off per post#1, so better scoop 'em up quicklike, or you will miss out on this riding adventure...

Oh my... :eek:

I don't think 35 rooms will be enough, will it?

I mean, we sold out at NERDS this year with 45 rooms and some at the campgrounds... and half of those attendees were from Canada! :p

I'm definitely going to pitch this one to the CFO tonight. I'd better get hot on renewing my expired passport right away!!
If you read carefully there are only 25 rooms in the block. Most of the riders were from the west at NAFO and most will not likely make the trip across the flatlands. There will be a few diehards but even FJRGuy was already parked his new bike in Ontario and is doing a fly & ride. With all the other rallies and the current economic conditions I looked at the likely attendees and planned on about 50 folks attending. I may have way underestimated this but the resort is large enough that we can expand the block if enough folks book early.

CFR%202013%20logo_edited-1-L.jpg

Sorry...

Only 23 rooms left now, with the AZ invasion... Josie and I are booked in a lakeside for all three nights. See you up there, suckers....

Sha-wing!!