Canyon Cage

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

K Rider

Reaction score
FJR%20CC%20010%20closeup2.JPG

MC Enterprises

These actually look pretty good. I know a few have purchased their fairing and bag guards. Anyone get these yet? I think they just started selling them last month. Not to mention, probably a good way to mount some highway pegs.

I have wild bill's plates with pegs on them, but am always concerned about them dragging. Hasn't happened yet, but still a concern.

Last edited by a moderator:
All that tubing may not be to everyone's taste, but I actually think these would be better than sliders. One, it seems to me like if one went down at speed, there's less chance for something to hook on and flip the bike, which is what causes the real damage. Second, a problem with frame sliders is that if they take a hard hit, all that energy is transmitted to the frame, which then breaks. If these were made out of a relatively weaker metal, they would sacrifice themselves instead of the frame.

MC Enterprises

These actually look pretty good. I know a few have purchased their fairing and bag guards. Anyone get these yet? I think they just started selling them last month. Not to mention, probably a good way to mount some highway pegs.

I have wild bill's plates with pegs on them, but am always concerned about them dragging. Hasn't happened yet, but still a concern.
Was it necessary to take off the Wild Bill's plates to install the canyon cages?

I am interested, could you post some more pics? I would appreciate it.

MC EnterprisesThese actually look pretty good. I know a few have purchased their fairing and bag guards. Anyone get these yet? I think they just started selling them last month. Not to mention, probably a good way to mount some highway pegs. I have wild bill's plates with pegs on them, but am always concerned about them dragging. Hasn't happened yet, but still a concern.
Was it necessary to take off the Wild Bill's plates to install the canyon cages?I am interested, could you post some more pics? I would appreciate it.
I haven't purchased them, just seen them and was interested. I would like to see some other views, giving a better idea of how they look and mount on the bike.

Do you know anything about pricing? I emailed them but haven't heard back yet.
Yeah, I emailed them about pricing also but haven't heard from them yet. It was Friday evening when contacting them, so I figure on hearing something early this week.

If the price is right and can see a few more pics, I may be interested.

I like them also. They look like they would have saved most of the plastics on the left side when I crashed last April. Low speed still cost over $5000 by the time it was back on the road. That was just the parts. Dr's and Hospital were considerably more.

MC Enterprises

I've never been a big fan of the Full Size Engine/Faring Guards or the Small Side Bag Guards, since both of these significantly increase the width of the bike limiting lane filtering options and look a bit fugly IMHO.

These Canyon Cage look both functional and "slim" enough so really keen to see the prcing.

This is the only other pic on their site, showing the RHS view.

MCEnterprisesCanyonCages.png

I, too, have emailed them asking for more/larger pics and pricing. I've not learned anything, it's only been a few minutes but I did tell them about this thread so maybe we'll all hear something in a bit. Their site says their first production was the end of last month - a few days ago.

I received a answer from them in September saying:

"Thank you for contacting us. Our price for the Canyon Cage #1200-400 is $300.00 and these should be available the middle or end of November".

They emailed me the same today - $300. That seems like a fair price. Would really like to see some other pics of them.

I emailed they yesterday and have an answer from Ryan that seems to indicate there are more pictures available. As soon as I see them I'll post a link.

I emailed they yesterday and have an answer from Ryan that seems to indicate there are more pictures available. As soon as I see them I'll post a link.

Dennis, heard ya the first time, thanks :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
My reply from Ryan indicated that was $300 delivered to lower 48

"Normal pricing for the Canyon Cage is $300 and the Saddle Bag Guards generally go for $112.50"

I'd bet they are game for a group buy!

My reply from Ryan indicated that was $300 delivered to lower 48

"Normal pricing for the Canyon Cage is $300 and the Saddle Bag Guards generally go for $112.50"

I'd bet they are game for a group buy!
I'm in!

I'm hit'n'miss on keeping up with the forum - so IF a group buy is organized and you don't see me sign up, shoot a PM my way!

Status
Not open for further replies.