What are the Surprises Under the Covers on the Honda site?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pseudo-Fed

Reaction score
I've had an ST1300 which I liked. They're still around but are technologically behind. I haven't had the opportunity to ride an FJR yet, but I'm very interested in the 2013, which I saw at the Dallas motorcycle show yesterday. Who can tell me what Honda will unveil in a few hours!?

I owned an '05 ST for a few years and now have an '07 FJR. I personally don't care, I'd get the FJR again and should've gotten it the first time!
biggrin.gif

There has been some degree of speculation that Honda will soon reveal a true "Super Sport TOURING" bike, with the same general goals as an FJR or ST1300, but it will be based on the same platform as the VFR1200. Being that the VFR's engine and drive train are already fully developed and contain many (if not all) of the features sought after by the market segment in question, it would seem to make some sense. I am a huge fan of the Honda V4 engine, at least the ones I have experience with. It has a lot of appeal in comparison to the old Inline 4's that most of the rest of the crowd has, both from a smoothness aspect and the visceral appeal of the exhaust note.

Would I want to wait for Honda to make this happen? Not on your life. Although it makes a lot of sense that they may do this, there are no guarantees. I'd rather enjoy what is available now than wait for the next new better mousetrap. You can always change your horses in mid-stream later on if you want. ;)

I've had an ST1300 which I liked. They're still around but are technologically behind. I haven't had the opportunity to ride an FJR yet, but I'm very interested in the 2013, which I saw at the Dallas motorcycle show yesterday. Who can tell me what Honda will unveil in a few hours!?
Honda can. In about 9 hours or so!

I love my ST1300 also but you are not going to get any Honda love on this forum. My advice if you have already owned an ST1300 is to make an opportunity to ride an FJR. My second piece of advice is to not ask Honda questions on a Yamaha forum.

Pseudo

You can tell two things from posting on this forum. First, we feel pretty strongly about our Yammies, and second, the natives get a little restless around here by the end of the weekend. Must have something to do with tomorrow being Monday or something.

You said you were considering an FJR. Do yourself a favor. Go to a nearby Yammie dealer and see if you can test drive an FJR. Even driving a used one is pretty close to the feel of a new one. It's the only way you'll know for sure without actually pulling the trigger and buying a new one.

Gary

darksider #44

I doubt many here really care. You might try a honda friendly forum :glare:
Really? In the first half page of this forum I see posts about Suzukis, BMWs, and Kawasakis? What did I miss? I'm pretty sure this is not a Yamaha only forum. I currently own an FZ1 and FZ6 as my only bikes

Is this forum friendly to all except Hondas? Geez.

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt many here really care. You might try a honda friendly forum :glare:
Really? In the first half page of this forum I see posts about Suzukis, BMWs, and Kawasakis? What did I miss? I'm pretty sure this is not a Yamaha only forum. I currently own an FZ1 and FZ6 as my only bikes

Is this forum friendly to all except Hondas? Geez.
On the forum once a comment is made it subject to piling on by all, including Bust's chickens.

Lately Honda has been making some bikes that make me scratch my head. I can't see some of these new model have any market traction.

What did I miss? I'm pretty sure this is not a Yamaha only forum. Is this forum friendly to all except Hondas? Geez.
No, this forum is UNFRIENDLY to all except Yamaha FJRs. The only ones who can get away with "other bike" discussions are those that already own an FJR. When they add other bikes to the stable it is considered OK.

Do not get upset over something so trivial. Honda will be revealing whatever they have to reveal in just a few hours.

If you have any FJR related questions, this is the right place. The technical knowledge on this forum concerning this wonderful motorcycle is outstanding. You may have to sort through some sarcasm to get it, but it is worth the time.

If you have Honda related questions, I repeat, you are probably not going to get the answer you want here. Good luck.

Honda is great!

My honda can set all winter and will start on the first pull. I just wish the grass bag was bigger.

I gave you a PLUS for that, Chuckdog.

That said, ....

Yamahas are fantastic, .....if you cant' afford a Steinway.

PostScript -

Fuck the stinkin' Chicago Bears. ....And the Red Wings.

Go Pack. Go Leafs.

Good night, you bastards.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

In the first half page of this forum I see posts about Suzukis, BMWs, and Kawasakis? What did I miss?
Harleys. We got lots and lots of posts about Harleys.

Fuck the stinkin' Chicago Bears. ....And the Red Wings.

Go Pack. Go Leafs.

Good night, you bastards.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
And the Habs. Don't forget the fucking Habs.

Good night, dear.