Delkevic exhaust?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superfuzz

Reaction score
Delkevic tri-oval

I tried searching here to see if anyone has posted about these pipes but came up with nada.

I came across these and was intrigued by the low price but also because they are so similar to the old Yoshimura TRS pipes that I always wanted. Anyone know anything about these?

%24(KGrHqJ,!joE4s6P9v4lBOL77Q8oZ!~~0_1.JPG

Wow, $345 for a pair, is really cheap, hope they're not junk. I paid around $680 for a set of Blueflame Oval SS cans about 6 years ago, which have now done around 180k miles (on two FJRs) and are still working great, with no repacking required.

I bought a C14 with a pair already on the bike this past summer. It has the ZX header, so 2 mufflers! They are much better than I thought they would be, the finish might not be as good as some of the others, but the sound is very good with the silencers installed.

Delkevics are fairly popular with the ST1300 guys. They put lots of miles on their bikes just like the FJR riders in pretty much the same fashion. They get good reviews from the ST1300 guys. They don't like these quite as well as the Staintunes. I can't give you any valid opinion on sound quality because nothing on earth could make the exhaust on a Honda ST1300 sound good. I did listen to a set, they had a deeper rumble than stock but were not aggravatingly loud.

Thanks for the replies. I've been lusting after a pair of Vance & Hines CS-ones but haven't yet been willing or able to drop $700. At roughly half the price, these Delkevics might be worth a shot.

HAD ONE ON A VFR, PUT ABOUT 30K ON THEM SOUNDED GOOD, STILL HAVE ONE ON MY TRANSALP, ABOUT 20K JUST A LITTLE LOUDER NOW, WAS THINKIN ABOUT THEM TO :rolleyes:

Well, the price is right. Is it just me, or do they look kinda 'agricultural'? :unsure:

Al.
Ya, maybe that mid-pipe could use a little polishing. But for $300 less than V&H, I'm willing to spend a little time with the buffing wheel or just get'em coated for $15/ft and still some out way ahead:

Performance Coatings

Last edited by a moderator:
I always wanted the Yosh TRS when I had my Superhawk and my VFR. Maybe I could just do a badge swap :dance:

TRS.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes companies do this to get more share of the market, market penetration by pricing a generic version of the same product. They look identical I agree, good price :)

I bought the exact ones about 6 weeks ago because like you I liked the price. They are great, fit just fine, and sound very nice. You can also take out the noise suppressor-baffle and although I haven't done that I guess they sound pretty racy that way. Maybe the higher end brand name pipes might be better quality but geeezzzz we are talking about maybe 500-600.00 difference! I will say there was a little drama getting them shipped as I got them off eBay it said more than 10 on hand, only problem was I guess the 10 on hand were in Europe because that's where they shipped from which took about 10 days. Last thing, I had to get the muffler gaskets because I couldn't get the ones out of the stock pipes, and I didn't know that until I went to install the Delkevics. May want to get those while you are waiting to get the Delkevics in if indeed you cant get yours out either, they were about 17.00 each.