A new pony in the stable

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

russperry

Reaction score
I was so excited by Bugnatr's move to a Hondapotamus that I decided to go the other direction. I've been thinking it was time to hit the track instead of pretending that Skaggs Springs was a reasonable alternative, so have been looking for a well appointed 600. I stumbled across this little beauty on CL. It took me a few days to convince myself that I really needed another bike in the garage but I made the deal this morning...

IMG_0376_resized.jpg

She's an '06 636 with just under 12k miles on her and beautifully maintained by the PO. He'd also spent a small fortune on premium upgrade parts including

Ohlins shock

Ohlins fork cartridges

Nassert Beet exhaust (full exhaust from Japan)

Carrozzeria wheels

Ohlins steering damper

Galfer rotors and lines

Sato rearsets

I hope to be heading out to Thunderhill sometime and giving her the what-for, though it may be some time off as it looks like we're actually heading into some winter weather patterns.

That Kawi green really pops out and it makes her look strangely out of place with her much more sophisticated Yamaha stable-mates....

IMG_0375_resized.jpg

Russ, Russ, Russ.... nice score! Heck that 636 is a pocket bike compared to the Hondapotamas :blink:

Between Sears Point, Luguna Seca in your back yard plus a trip up to Thunderhill you are in for a great season. Now time to find a leather suit.

Wow, quite a collection, Russ. Looks like fun at your house. Now, let's see, didn't see a dirt bike in that assortment. Yet. :lol:
I hate to admit it but I'm looking at picking up a DRZ400 as my first step into the dirt. Just to let you all know, I've got two kids who are both on the verge of leaving home (not supposed to cheer too loudly here) and I'm sending them off with bikes of their own, so I might get up to 5 total but hopefully will have back down to 3 once they move on....

Russ, my main man! :clapping:

I've never ridden a sportbike, but I'd be happy to learn on yours! :yahoo:

:lol:
The next time you come out you're cordially invited to come by the house and give it a whirl! The welcome mat is definitely out..

Russ, Russ, Russ.... nice score! Heck that 636 is a pocket bike compared to the Hondapotamas :blink:

Between Sears Point, Luguna Seca in your back yard plus a trip up to Thunderhill you are in for a great season. Now time to find a leather suit.
you're right of course. However there will be no pictures of a slightly overweight middle-aged dude wearing a tight fitting leather suit, at least from this source :)

Congratulations Russ on a very impressive stable of motos, I'm photoshopping a Hondapotamus into this pic as we speak!
I was thinking of you Don when I looked at this photo - I think the entire collection cost me about half of what you spent on your Gisele, so I don't feel too guilty :)

Yikes!!! You'll put your eye out with that! Looks like fun!

And by damn, Russ -- it sounds like you'll need to adopt very soon with the kids moving out. Turns out that I'm available for adoption even as we speak. So, do your offspring (natural and adopted) get a say in what bikes they are gifted with? *

Sweet 636 but too much good stuff on that for just a track bike that might get thrown down the track a time or two. Looks like it's even got Pazzo levers matching the wheels. Thinking it might need a track dedicated fairing, OEM wheels and errrrr . . . OR a traffic citation lawyer on retainer for all that thing may cost you riding it on the street. :lol:

* Just saying, since I know I've had my eye on the new '13 FJR.

Yikes!!! You'll put your eye out with that! Looks like fun!

And by damn, Russ -- it sounds like you'll need to adopt very soon with the kids moving out. Turns out that I'm available for adoption even as we speak. So, do your offspring (natural and adopted) get a say in what bikes they are gifted with? *

Sweet 636 but too much good stuff on that for just a track bike that might get thrown down the track a time or two. Looks like it's even got Pazzo levers matching the wheels. Thinking it might need a track dedicated fairing, OEM wheels and errrrr . . . OR a traffic citation lawyer on retainer for all that thing may cost you riding it on the street. :lol:

* Just saying, since I know I've had my eye on the new '13 FJR.
Rich, just yesterday you were whining about bikes in pieces and for sale. Now you are pimping yourself to get more and newer bikes. Must be a lawyer thing huh! :p :D

When the KLR gets stupid cheap as is let me know, I might take your case. :lol:

Russ, my main man! :clapping:

I've never ridden a sportbike, but I'd be happy to learn on yours! :yahoo:

:lol:
The next time you come out you're cordially invited to come by the house and give it a whirl! The welcome mat is definitely out..
Sounds like a good enough reason to plan a trip out west... :yahoo:

Might be have to be a little while though...wouldn't cha know it...I've already got next year's vacation time booked. :)

Looks like a great bunch of fun there...it will be fun chasing you around some Kali roads again...whenever that happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rich, just yesterday you were whining about bikes in pieces and for sale. Now you are pimping yourself to get more and newer bikes.
Ain't gonna happen unless I get adopted. :( Still got a perfectly usable Gen.I that's got lots of miles left on it. I love a few things about the '13, and maybe in a couple years I'll have my shit sorted out and trade up for a lightly used one.

Hehehe -- it's frustration talking, but I'll keep that in mind (for motivation, at least). The XX is going on the block for sure. Once I whittle down the infinite number of projects I don't really feel like doing, getting the KLR ready to use on the many mining and forest roads around here will probably start sounding like fun again. :p

Rich, just yesterday you were whining about bikes in pieces and for sale. Now you are pimping yourself to get more and newer bikes.
Ain't gonna happen unless I get adopted. :( Still got a perfectly usable Gen.I that's got lots of miles left on it. I love a few things about the '13, and maybe in a couple years I'll have my shit sorted out and trade up for a lightly used one.

Hehehe -- it's frustration talking, but I'll keep that in mind (for motivation, at least). The XX is going on the block for sure. Once I whittle down the infinite number of projects I don't really feel like doing, getting the KLR ready to use on the many mining and forest roads around here will probably start sounding like fun again. :p

You're starting to make sense. :)