Top Trunk on Gen III

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CopB8

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased and received the matching Yamaha top trunk for their '13? I purchased one with my original order in November and still don't have it.

Also, I thought someone found a second option on the Yamaha site for a larger unit that matched the bike color. I can't find that web page so if someone has a link please post it. I may consider going that direction if it's available.

Thanks

Has anyone purchased and received the matching Yamaha top trunk for their '13? I purchased one with my original order in November and still don't have it.
Also, I thought someone found a second option on the Yamaha site for a larger unit that matched the bike color. I can't find that web page so if someone has a link please post it. I may consider going that direction if it's available.

Thanks
I think it was on the european yamaha site

royalty-free-black-and-white-retro-vector-clip-art-of-a-confused-man-by-bestvector-2052.jpg

Ok you have a 13... The trunk is the same as way back in 03.

FWIW this was also a warning on the 50L topcase page... not sure why, but Yamaha seems to be spooked about it.

--- "Please note - the 50L Top Case Touring is a stand-alone product and it is not recommended that it is installed and used with the available Yamaha Side Cases"

Personally I don't know why you would spend north of $500 to get a factory case that doesn't have brake/tail light capability and isn't locked down as tight as a GIVI SR357 mount.

...just sayin'.
fool.gif

[img=[URL="https://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu282/Barry50_2009/royalty-free-black-and-white-retro-vector-clip-art-of-a-confused-man-by-bestvector-2052.jpg%5D"]https://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu282/Barry50_2009/royalty-free-black-and-white-retro-vector-clip-art-of-a-confused-man-by-bestvector-2052.jpg][/URL]
I think the issue would be the correct paint color Bust. ;-)

FWIW this was also a warning on the 50L topcase page... not sure why, but Yamaha seems to be spooked about it.

--- "Please note - the 50L Top Case Touring is a stand-alone product and it is not recommended that it is installed and used with the available Yamaha Side Cases"

Personally I don't know why you would spend north of $500 to get a factory case that doesn't have brake/tail light capability and isn't locked down as tight as a GIVI SR357 mount.

...just sayin'.
fool.gif

...just sayin'.
fool.gif
Yamaha give the same warning on the 39l version. They have never recommended using top box and bags together though loads of people do and I've not heard of it causing any problems.

[img=[URL="https://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu282/Barry50_2009/royalty-free-black-and-white-retro-vector-clip-art-of-a-confused-man-by-bestvector-2052.jpg%5D"]https://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu282/Barry50_2009/royalty-free-black-and-white-retro-vector-clip-art-of-a-confused-man-by-bestvector-2052.jpg][/URL]

Ha ha..........bust yer such a douche

I ordered the 50L version with mine (in black).

The FJR was delivered two weeks ago, the case was not yet available. I am awaiting a phonecall from my dealer that it has arrived....so far no luck...

2013_YAM_ACC-BLT_1MC-F84A8-1000_001a_HR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ha ha..........bust yer such a douche
Yeahbut Paint it be cheap.

Shit!! I forgot I'm a man of many talents.

I guess he'd have to pay someone to paint it.

Doesn't take a lot of talent to buy a can of spray paint, bust. But, you can call it talent if it makes you feel better.
Ohhhhh Contrar Mr Odot! I've seen some pretty ugly results from a spray can on occasion. JS. :)
Working part time in a buddies body shop I've seen some pretty nasty stuff. Amazing what some fools can fuk up with a rattle can.

I've seen some that would have looked better if they'd used a brush..
rolleyes.gif

I'd lost this post and couldn't find it. Not sure if it was moved or I was just having a brain fart. I didn't even get notification of all of you posts.

Yes, I want it to match. And yes, spray can paint jobs can look like sh*t and have very poor durability.

@rjen: Please post when you receive your case and what you think of it as far as style, scale and quality. I may see about changing my order.

Thanks All!

Also @rjen, I see the link someone posted was a UK link and that you're in the Netherlands. What color did you purchase? I didn't see anything on the link that was for our US color bike.

I bought this colour: Midnight Black

Picture was taken at Yamaha Europe last year, when they offered us a pre-trial ride...

As you can see the larger case does exist, but apparently still somewhere in de distribution channel...

2012-11-23_00001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I truly can not see spending the money on a OEM top case. I went through that when I bought my 10.

Why would you want a case that has no tail lights or rear lighting?

Why would you want to buy a case that attaches to plastic that has little to no support compared to a metal bracket that is superior in every way?

Why would you buy a case that has shown many time over it will break even if not abused?

Why would you pay more for a case when for the same or less money you can have lights, a metal mounting bracket, and IMHO much better looks and style and sleek design?

I know it is a personal choice and your money but just why would you spend hard earned money on something that has proven to be not such a good buy. Is it the Yamaha logo? Are you rolling it into your financing on the bike? I just do not get it.