North American Wild Card Moto-Tag Game

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And still enjoying a spectacular week of weather! So to keep it moving . . .

DSCF0818.jpg

New tag (and I have a feeling this might have been done at some point in which case I apologize but still): an elevated display of some mode of transportation. Can be anything but should be permanent, i.e. no cars on platforms at some dealership.

DSCF0801.jpg

Grumman was a huge employer here on Long Island back in the day, both directly and through its many, many suppliers. Their main facility was in Bethpage but they also had some buildings and large airstrips in less populated Calverton. This F-14 is part of the display at their Memorial Park there where most of the land is now being studied for development.

DSCF0800.jpg

"Anytime Baby"

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool! After a certain point we're almost bound to repeat tags so even if this is a repeat......it's still really cool.

Nice Legion post too.

Grab - an elevated display of some mode of transportation. I have two examples, just because I found both today.

Airplane -

30nj0x4.jpg

This sits on top of a car wash. Close up shot.

juejhj.jpg

And a horse located on top of a roof. True, it's a sculpture, but it is a mode of transportation.
smile.png

2jfklcz.jpg

New tag - A Vintage/antique vehicle, or anything saying "Farmers Market"

21d4qq1.jpg

I sure wish I could get out tagging today. I know of a really close match that I used once in the Massachusetts TOR a couple of years ago.

FILE PHOTO - NOT A TAG GRAB!

100_3452.jpg

We got another few inches of snow last night and it's starting to look like the FJR will be resting in the garage for the next couple of months.

weirdsmiley.gif
<-- the expression of PMS

That would have been a fun match. I hope you get a chance to get out for a ride sooner than you expect. Or go for the elusive garage tag and get someone with a vintage vehicle to come over to your place.
winksmiley02.gif
Anything from the '50s or older will do. (60's maybe, if it's interesting or unusual)

Expanding the tag in the hopes of getting a little movement. Still an antique/vintage vehicle, (wide latitude), or anything "Farmers Market", but now adding Something 'Yellow & Green' as well. That opens up some Ag items and broadens the possibilities.
punk.gif

Expanding the tag in the hopes of getting a little movement. Still an antique/vintage vehicle, (wide latitude), or anything "Farmers Market", but now adding Something 'Yellow & Green' as well. That opens up some Ag items and broadens the possibilities.
punk.gif
I've got a John Deere mower sitting next to the FJR in my shop. But that seems too much like cheating. LOL

punk.gif
I've got a John Deere mower sitting next to the FJR in my shop. But that seems too much like cheating. LOL
Tag games have a long history of Garage Tags. Go for it.

Just put a little thought into what you would use as a new tag, in the hopes that it's not something that has to be a garage tag, but could be something those that can get out could go after too. The main focus on the tag games is to go for a ride, but it's about having a little fun too.
smile.png

OK. It finally stopped raining long enough.

Something "Yellow and Green"

IMG_1973_zpsfmk7azvy.jpg

New challenge, an RV of any sort -- Class A, Class B, Class C, 5th wheel, bumper pull, you name it

IMG_1974_zpshxilnfjd.jpg

I expect this one will be met in someone's yard as well.
wink.png

OK then. Time for the West Coasties to face the challenge.

RV on hiway 58 east of Santa Margarita, CA. The guy and his 3 small pooches live in it. He moves it from spot to spot to evade the law. I see no reason to call him out. He's harming no one and there but for the grace of God go I.

He's pretty smart. He hangs a 'For Sale' sign on it to make it look like it's not really lived in.
smile.png

1.jpg

The tag is a metal sculpture. Bonus points for hand made by local to your hood craftsman.

2.jpg

Hope I did this right. I read then forgot all the rules.
whistle.gif

In the interest of maintaining the high standard of art represented by dcarver's sculpture, I found a metal Christmas Tree and Menorah in Export. Truly a sculpture of the season, behold the blue skies! I was unable to replicate Don's illegal parking job, but this should qualify.

BEC57777-3A52-4E7D-913F-9EFF7ACC9A31.jpg

In celebration of the end of the year, the new tag is a caboose, or something you find at the end. I don't care if it's the end of a train, end of the line, end of a road or end of times; probably not the end of your nose. The new tag.

A40F2B68-21C6-43F9-AD9D-EE6A7EA1D0E9.jpg

I'll take "end of the road" for $200 Alex....

PC290086_zpsiamn85uv.jpg

This is the end of our development. When Mona and I built our house 16 years ago the developer had plans for 3 phases. We were fortunate enough to get in early. He had bought up a decent amount of land with plans for about 50-60 homes to be built. Unfortunately for him the bureaucracy in PA got in his way. The paved section where I'm parked is in Fairview township where we live. The unpaved portion behind including the rough cut area where the road was supposed to continue is in neighboring Newberry township. After the first 2 phases were completed when it came time to expand into Newberry township the township board refused his requests for sewer hookups after having previously agreeing to them. This was the result of a "Super Walmart" going in less than a mile away. I doubt this expansion to our development will ever be finished.

New tag.

PC290087_zpsfwdtus1m.jpg

Your bike at a race track. Actually that would be my preference but at this time of year let's make it any outside sports venue. Baseball, football, soccer field I don't care.

This is a local 3/8 mile dirt track only a few miles from our home. On race nights we can hear the engines clearly.

Bruced! Oh Well, here are a couple of pictures I snapped of a caboose in Oceano, CA.

vxnepj.jpg

lunm0.jpg

11wg01x.jpg

BUMP

It's been a couple of weeks with no activity. Surely some of you guys are having decent riding weather somewhere......

Just been busy with other things. So the current tag is "any outside sports venue. Baseball, football, soccer field." with your example being the race track. I can get that with a football field or baseball fields and I have a new tag in mind too. Sorry, no race track that's easy to get a photo of. Well, I could get the horse track. Hmmm.