Kootenay Butt Buster

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRGuy

FJR Rally Addict! :D
Reaction score
July 26 - 28, 2013 - Crawford Bay, BC

This year we are again going to do something a little different. As WCR was always intended to be a small regional rally when CFR is on the other side of the country, a couple of us figured that an informal, camp based rally, in conjunction with the Kootenays annual outdoor comedy concert, the Kootenay Gut Buster, would fit the bill!

And its right on the Best Motorcycling highway in BC!*
No fancy 5star accomodations here but there are cabins and motel rooms available for those who don't/won't camp.

'Discount rates are available on camp sites, cabins and motel rooms.

This will be NO fee rally! But we have negotiated a group deal for the Kootenay Gut Buster for those that wish to join in on the fravolity!

I'm in.

Thanks Jeff!

Al
cold.gif

This looks like fun! It's too bad I would have to ride down from Vernon. Oh well I think I can do that! Kamal we haven't met but if it works out we can hook up somewhere for the ride down? Mark

Ya know, if this was a a few days earlier I might be able to make this one. mfletch and I will be on the way back from Alaska that week.

(Ya, you read that right!)

Ya know, if this was a a few days earlier I might be able to make this one. mfletch and I will be on the way back from Alaska that week.
(Ya, you read that right!)
Steve. If your tour bus passes through Kamloops I'll buy you both a beer
smile.png

Al.

The Early-Bird rate for the Kootenay Gut Buster ends tomorrow!

While our group rate is essentially the same as the Early Bird, we require a minimum number of registrations to get the group rate for any Registrations after tomorrow. If you want to ensure you get the group rate (even if we don't make the required minimum,) you must register and send me payment by tomorrow.

If you are considering attending, but unable to commit at this time, I suggest that you register and book your accommodation as soon as possible. I believe most of the accommodation have a reasonable cancellation policy, but check to be sure.

That broom place is just up the road from the campsite, and fits in nicely with the "hippie" culture of the area. Never been inside, but apparently if you're really in the market for an "artistic" handmade broom that costs a zillion times more than the usual variety (and probably doesn't work as well), then I reckon that you'll have found Nirvana ;)

On another note, it isn't unusual to be riding behind another vehicle in that part of the Kootenays and catch a whiff of the fragrant smoke as the locals ride around doing their best Cheech and Chong tribute... something to consider on blind curves.

Griff

I went to the KBB site to register & it's broken. I couldn't get registered, just kept getting an error message. Guess I'll just show up & hope there's room for another tent...

I went to the KBB site to register & it's broken. I couldn't get registered, just kept getting an error message. Guess I'll just show up & hope there's room for another tent...
Harry.

If you don't hear from Jeff, I think you can buy a ticket for the show on KGB's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/KGBcomedy

If, like me, you don't do social media, then I guess you're SOL for the moment.

Al.