FREE "I.C.E." Info Tag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacramentoMike

Not Safe For Work
Reaction score
In a recent thread about carrying emergency contact info (here), we all agreed you should have it on you somewhere, but there was always at least one drawback for every means and location named. Ultimately, Big Ogre suggested marking the pocket where you had your info with a bright red tag marked "I.C.E." so the EMS people would be (almost) sure to find it. Anyway, I offered to make some of the tags up and offer them out, and the first batch is done. I'll send one to anybody who PMs me with a mailing address (edit--two, if you want one for your S.O.). Lots of ways to fasten them onto a zipper pull, for example, so everybody can find the best way for their own needs.

They're on a strip of sturdy red webbing (about 3") with a grommet attachment point. Hope none of you ever use it, but if you need it, I hope the guy you get can figure out what ICE means.
unknw.gif

Suggest all your medical and contact info on a card, and laminate it (or at least put it in a baggie). It might be nice to have anyway, in case you ever forget it yourself.

IMG_0181_zps295ee2fa.jpg

IMG_0182_zpsc3e305a7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What a very,very good idea! If it is no trouble please count me in for one Mike. Our EMS have suggested that these details should also be put into our mobile phones, I don't always carry one though. I find it a bit hard on the carrier pigeons if I take them on my bike.

Best regards

Surly

ph34r2.gif

Mike

Great idea . Count me in.

Bill P

In a recent thread about carrying emergency contact info (here), we all agreed you should have it on you somewhere, but there was always at least one drawback for every means and location named. Ultimately, Big Ogre suggested marking the pocket where you had your info with a bright red tag marked "I.C.E." so the EMS people would be (almost) sure to find it. Anyway, I offered to make some of the tags up and offer them out, and the first batch is done. I'll send one to anybody who PMs me with a mailing address. Lots of ways to fasten them onto a zipper pull, for example, so everybody can find the best way for their own needs.
They're on a strip of sturdy red webbing (about 3") with a grommet attachment point. Hope none of you ever use it, but if you need it, I hope the guy you get can figure out what ICE means.
unknw.gif

Suggest all your medical and contact info on a card, and laminate it (or at least put it in a baggie). It might be nice to have anyway, in case you ever forget it yourself.

IMG_0181_zps295ee2fa.jpg

IMG_0182_zpsc3e305a7.jpg

PM sent

EDIT: It should be noted that you probably don't want to wear a tag with ICE on it in certain areas, as it does stand for something else as well.

PM sent
EDIT: It should be noted that you probably don't want to wear a tag with ICE on it in certain areas, as it does stand for something else as well.
Just thinking the same thing. If you pull up to a Home Depot and all the guys standing around on the curb run off, you'll know why!

Nice idea Mike.

PM sent
Just thinking the same thing. If you pull up to a Home Depot and all the guys standing around on the curb run off, you'll know why!
Man... I did not know where you guys were going with this. Had to google it up.

We just don't have all that many Canadians hangin' around the Home Depots I guess... ;)

I am definitely in for one of these, Mike. They came out even better than I anticipated. PM sent

I'm kind of tickled pink. When I signed on this morning--35 PMs!
laugh.png

I'm really happy to do this. Thanks to Mike--Big Ogre--for the idea. And I didn't "get" the reference to ICE at first either. Duh. Thanks for the clarification, John. @Bill P., if nobody else has told you, hover your cursor over my name above my avatar, click "send message."

Fantastic idea Mike and an even better offer. Thanks!

PM on it's way.

BTW...one of the tags in your pic looks to have I.C.E. in yellow thread. Correct? or is that just the lighting?