Ontario - March 9 meetup?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John d

Reaction score
The weathers gods are smiling on us for this coming Saturday, so I'll be going for a ride.

I was thinking some us could meet up at the Higher Ground Coffee Co. in Belfountain (formerly The Shed), say from noon to 2-3:00pm.

Anybody?

I'd say wait until that arctic air mass you have up in canada is moving in a northerly direction. Gawd it's cold up der.

Sure if somebody wants to shovel about 4 feet of snow for a distance of about 75 feet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure if somebody wants to shovel about 4 feet of snow for a distance of about 75 feet.
You live that close to john d? Wow, I thought that you guys had some area...space....to live around yourselves......?

My driveway is clear. BTW, Bungie might as well be half a continent away up there in Sudbury,....Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

My driveway is clear. BTW, Bungie might as well be half a continent away up there in Sudbury,....Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
The last couple of winters weren't to bad up here, relatively mild and not much snow. This year has been feckin' stupid, freezing (by Northern Ontario standards) and a metric shit ton of snow.

We've actually had a few days of above freezing and the shit is just starting to melt off. I still have my fingers crossed I'll have the bike out mid-April.

John, it's gonna be really nice in SE Ohio this weekend...why don't ya just head down to Caldwell...
https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Caldwell&state=OH&site=PBZ&textField1=39.7458&textField2=-81.5131&e=1
I would love to go down there, but we only have a narrow window of opportunity in the weather.

As it is, Saturday only has a few good hours to make this happen so I don't expect many, if any, to make it to Belfountain.

I'm just itching to get out, since it was mid January that I got the last good ride in.

See you at the Ramble.

Gotta call B.S. on that
Tom, by B.S. do you mean Bill Shitkowski?
I didn't think a Shithead like BeemerDons could spell my last name properly.

I've got the forks off the FJR right now and I need to find some tubing so I can make up a new preload spacer....

fork%20springs-L.jpg

GP%20Invoice%20Notes-L.png

As many times as I can cut the current spacer tube I'm not going to have much luck shortening a 135mm tube to 142.5mm. The original tube was cut shorter when the original GP Suspension folks installed the current springs. I called GP Suspensions and they are going to send me some spacers but I won't get them for a while. I'm off to find some aluminum round tube that I can cut to length if there is going to be any riding this weekend.

You know.... I really didn't think it was going to be Bill that threw this thread off topic.... Who would have thought?
smile.png
Right you are, I caught the culprit: "Gotta call B.S. on that"

ON TOPIC: I did attend the Canada Week Picnic here in Arizona, I have never been offered so much free whiskey in my entire life eh Hosers!

CIABEE%20Logo3x2-5.jpg

As many times as I can cut the current spacer tube I'm not going to have much luck shortening a 135mm tube to 142.5mm. The original tube was cut shorter when the original GP Suspension folks installed the current springs. I called GP Suspensions and they are going to send me some spacers but I won't get them for a while. I'm off to find some aluminum round tube that I can cut to length if there is going to be any riding this weekend.
Just use some PVC, I've done it on my old dirtbikes a bunch of times with no ill effect. Just make sure you de-burr it first.

Oh Canada, hey! I'll be there!

Here's a pic of my dash w GPS all programmed up...

kj_1200_speedo_gps.jpg

And here's a live shot lol...

kj_snowmobiling_oldforge4_zps73183c6e.jpg

OK, so I'm in Dolbeau-Mistassini (Quebec) but it's still Canada eh?

You guys have fun and send all the snow my way!