She Deserved a New Outfit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TripperMike

Old Yeller - Thanks for the Memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Last October my gal & I went out dancing with the other couples down in MO. We learned we should never try tap dancing on sand, er, gravel. She slipped and we both went BOOM!

868.jpg

Griff's cargo netting to help keep the side case closed. Turns out it wasn't necessary, it took two screwdrivers and a whack with a hammer to get 'er opened up at home. But it was worth the peace of mind on the ride home. Thanks Griff!

869.jpg

If you noticed in the first pic, my ride back home was now lacking mirrors and the right side foot peg. But no fear, Zzzzzip to the rescue! I swung by his place on my ride home, he surveyed the situation I was in and came up with this solution for the footrest. Pretty slick if you ask me. A spare bracket for the railing the garage door rollers ride up in, a little foam padding and a Zzzzip tie. Made my ride home oh sooo much better. Thanks Zzzzip!

888.jpg

So it was my winter project to put my gal back together again. And yet 3 weeks ago it still looked like this. Can you say "procrastination"? Actually some of it was warranted as I took the opportunity to do some other "in depth" maintenance items. Steering head bearings, swing arm and relay arm bearings (new and relubing), flushed coolant, and maybe a couple of other things that escape me right now. Hey give me a break, there's a lot of stuff that can be forgotten over 5 months. Just ask Gramps.

Anyways, needless to say I had a lot of anxiety on whether or not I could remember get her back together again in one piece. Big Kudos go out to this forum though and it's members who prided themselves on providing detail info & pics on how to do DIY projects. I referred back to their pages often. Thanks FJRforum! & in particular to Bounce. His tech pages on the swing arm and relay arm were most helpful.

1168.jpg

And here's my Lady today.
smile.png
All dressed in her new gown and ready to hit the town and cut a rug!

1225.jpg

1231.jpg

1234.jpg

Now match that color scheme with the Hi Viz yellow roadcrafter and white NeoTec, and all I can say is....

CAN YOU SEE ME NOW??!!

I LIKE IT ! I LIKE IT ! I LIKE IT !

Now take that and $5 and get a cup of coffee nearly anywhere.....
smile.png

Wow! Looks great. I seen the picture of it sitting on the lumber on the picture posting page and thought you started tech day a little early.

I like it too!I guess even Minnesota has "HAWKEYE" Fans !!!
Oh crap! I never even thought of that. Well there's goes one week during the Fall when I won't dare ride around here. Maybe two weeks depending on how the Gophers do.

Might be a good week to ride through Iowa though.

Wow! Looks great. I seen the picture of it sitting on the lumber on the picture posting page and thought you started tech day a little early.
I had Tech Season this year. But I'll still have a few cosmetic things to tend to on the 27th.

And in case anyone was wondering.....I didn't do the painting. I can't even begin to imagine the new levels of procrastination I woulda gone through then.

Looks good.
ok.gif

Congrats on getting her back together to ride another day!

--G

Last edited by a moderator:
NICE! I love the yellow color! If I've ever had any complaints with the FJRs it would have to be the limited color options. I can't believe the don't offer more than 1 color each year.

As a fan of the yellow and black motorcycles, you have done a very good job there sir. I still am not sold on the color scheme on FJR's but I applaud you for putting more of it on the road and it looks like a very nice job done there.

Looks great! I've put more in my Gen 1 than it's worth, also including a complete repaint - original color though - and consider it money well spent.

That sand will surely get out of your way next time. That's a pretty good looking bike, really stands out.

Thanks for all the great reviews guys, means a lot. I had gone back an forth between yellow/black and red/black. So I printed out some black and white photos and went back to basics.....used crayons to color in different schemes. It works. As Bust said, it "pops". Almost too much though. Think I might use the collective thought at Tech Day and consider some thin white pinstriping. Actually thinking about some white reflective patterns.

Ooo! Nice mirrors, Mike!
wink.png
"Nice"??!! Oh man, when I unwrapped those mirrors I got from you, I thought they were brand new. Looked much cleaner than the my old mirrors pre-mishap.

Was great to get so much help from my fellow forum members to get replacement parts.

Last edited by a moderator: