Welcome to the garage, little sister !

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riona

Reaction score
I jumped straight from a Ducati Monster S4R (the monster Monster) to the FJR ... which left me feeling that I'd missed a step on the way.

I test rode a lot of bikes over the past month or so, and was able to put a name to the missing step .... Honda Interceptor VFR. Not as violent as the S4R, yet not as domesticated as the FJR, (and, I just noticed, following the naming convention of three letters ending in 'R')

So now I have one: a black pearl '06 ABS with 18k .. The P.O. had added a lot of farkles - Laser exhaust (but stock air filter and no PC), Puig touring screen, hard bags, Sargent seat...

S4R

018_zps996b42b1.jpg

FJR

020_zps5b4e4b15.jpg

VFR

065_zpsfbb18ae6.jpg

FJR and VFR

063_zpse7eceb0b.jpg

You're going to love that bike. Shorter wheel base, rev happy V-4, lighter, corners like a cat with stickem on it's paws.
punk.gif

Kinda went the other way, loved my 04 VFR but it had to go to make way for the 848.

The big Monster was no fun - by the time it was in the power band and had stopped shaking my fillings loose, I was doing illegal and inadvisable speeds even after I dropped a tooth from the front sprocket. Way too much motor for little me. Bragging rights, yes, but not useful on the street (ymmv).

Nice, but I was eyeing the Cervelo.
smile.png
Observant readers would have seen the Scott CR1 (rigged as a tri bike, the one I did my Ironman on) as well as the Cervelo. There is also a Klein hanging on the wall, with a Shimano 105 triple for when I'm feeling lazy.The Cervelo has a full size Ultegra "big girl's gear set" and the Scott is a compromise, with an Ultegra compact switched with Dura Ace levers. All three have Mavic Ksyrium SL wheels, fitted with Conti's and I use Speedplay, Ritchie and Selle Italia for my contact points. ... LOL - just as many farkles on push bikes as there are on FJR's ...

I have covered a lot of miles on those bikes over the past 10 years or so ...