Pre CFR2013 Southern Ontario Wrenching and Riding.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRGuy

FJR Rally Addict! :D
Reaction score
I'll be touching down in ON on the Monday before the rally and will be calling Oakville home for a few days before heading to Huntsville.

I have some wrenching to do on the new ride before going too far, so I'll be wrenching on the bike everyday prior to departure Thursday morning. I have to spend some time helping my host with some garage improvements (to help compensate for Jess's safe storage over the winter) but open to anyone in the area to stop by for a beverage and chat.

I also need to make it to Lindsay Cycle sometime before the rally so I'm thinking a leisurely day ride on Wednesday from Oakville to Lindsay and back, meeting up with whoever (Rob?) I can find on the way. Anyone gonna be around and interested?

Alternatively, but less preferred, if no one wants to meet up on Wednesday or time does not allow me to ride Wednesday, I could ride to Lindsay on Thursday morning on the way to Huntsville. Anyone passing through there midday Thursday?

Oak who? Where the heck is that? Near Freddy Beach? If so, I'll try to hook up. What ya need done? NOthin', you're just handing out beer? OK, good with that, I can handle it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ask Bill, He is always having a Tech day.... Do you know the secret code?
I guess I'm still in the doghouse. Rob will be out on the west coast when CFR is happening so you won't find him in Lindsay.

I'll still be in Beautiful Downtown Bowmanville on Wednesday packing up the trailer to head up on Thursday morning. I've got a few things to bring since I was planning on bringing my No-Mar tire changer along with other items if anyone needed to change tires at CFR before heading back. So you might say we are having a Tech Day at CFR but don't tell Tom, he's a known pocket hockey player.......... and you need the special decoder ring to go with the secret code.

I'll be around Monday or Tuesday... planning on being in Ontario on the 13th (ish) and then doing the Hamilton Airshow on the weekend... world's only flying de Havilland Mosquito will be there (for anyone who cares about that sorta thing).

I'll give you a shout ... when do you get in on Monday?

Griff

"I'll be touching down in ON on the Monday before the rally and will be calling Oakville home for a few days before heading to Huntsville.

I also need to make it to Lindsay Cycle sometime before the rally so I'm thinking a leisurely day ride on Wednesday from Oakville to Lindsay and back, meeting up with whoever (Rob?) I can find on the way. Anyone gonna be around and interested?"

I head up Lindsay way almost every week for my son's motocross. If you need something picked up from Lindsay Cycle I'd be happy to do it for you. Just pm me the details.

Ask Bill, He is always having a Tech day.... Do you know the secret code?
Ya shit disturber !! PAM hey PAM! punch him will you please.

Sorry Jeff as Bill said I will be creeping up the west coast. Won't be at CFR.
no2.gif

I will let the lads know at HB Cycle you will be dropping in. Well I guess they know that... I'll let them know I don't know you .
Lkingsmiley.png

Rob

Ray, ain't Freddy Beach in NB? :p

I gotta install throttle tamer, heated grips & hand guards. Luckily they'll already be on handlebars so a fairly easy swap. I want to install my AVCC-100, Autocomm, Fuzeblock, trailer wiring harness, and do a fluid change. Ambitious, but I'll do what I can to have most of it plug and play.

Bill,

With a couple hundred Km's of Canada's busiest slab between Oakville and Bowmanville, I'm not sure I'll roll down to see you unless I've got lots of time to go north before going west again. Unfortunately, I have to go back to Oakville for the night Wednesday of I'd stay in your neck of the woods.

Mike,

I might take you up on that. If not, looks like I'll be passing through NewMarket on the way to Lindsay. I'll PM or email you.

Rob,

Is HB Cycle and Lindsay Cycle the same thing? Probably best you don't let them know I know you... I can't imagine that would do my relationship with them any good! :p

We'll miss you and Mike at CFR!

Rob,Is HB Cycle and Lindsay Cycle the same thing? Probably best you don't let them know I know you... I can't imagine that would do my relationship with them any good! :p

We'll miss you and Mike at CFR!
Holy crap. Sorry Jeff. Lindsay Cycle IS different than HB cycle. I use HB for my Yamaha ,Suzuki and Kawasaki stuff and Lindsay cycle for my Honda and Stihl stuff. Both are decent dealers. I wish I was going to be around for you.

You just might be back in Alberta by the time we are there too. Will keep in touch.

Rob

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="fjrob1300" data-cid="1064503" data-time="1367502619"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="FJRGuy" data-cid="1064469" data-time="1367487043"><p>Rob,<br />

Is HB Cycle and Lindsay Cycle the same thing? Probably best you don't let them know I know you... I can't imagine that would do my relationship with them any good! :p<br />

<br />

We'll miss you and Mike at CFR!</p></blockquote>

Holy crap. Sorry Jeff. Lindsay Cycle IS different than HB cycle. I use HB for my Yamaha ,Suzuki and Kawasaki stuff and Lindsay cycle for my Honda and Stihl stuff. Both are decent dealers. I wish I was going to be around for you.<br />

You just might be back in Alberta by the time we are there too. Will keep in touch.<br />

<br />

<br />

Rob</p></blockquote>

I need to be back by the Long Wknd as we are having a big Canada Day party at the lake properties with a live band! You'd be more than welcome and I beats the hell out of going to the city! ;-)

Latest posts