paging riders in southern Ontario

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best place to catch up with me is at the Tim Horton's in Bowmanville. I'm the old retired guy sitting at the corner table. The only exception to this is when I pretend my FJR is a Hondapotamus and then you will find me at the local Dairy Queen. e-mail sent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nanahanman just left a while ago and we compared exhaust note on my bike as compared to his. He works as an audio engineer and is probably more attuned to the sounds that the FJR emanates than most of us. The issue he is having is the low frequency resonation at around the 2500 rpm range. My bike with the stock exhaust produces the same resonation so it is a function of the stock exhaust system.

We discussed some possible solutions to shift the frequency that the pipe starts to resonate like installing a different set of cones. In the end this is more a matter of personal preference and will require a little bit of experimentation to get the pipes to produce a sound that he can live with without increasing dB levels.