SS2k Gold Attempt SPOT

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

101stpathfinder

Trading miles for memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
What started off a simple cert. ride is now a bit more. I will be headed to Louisiana to visit a friend, then on to Texas for the 2kGold attempt (Not shown on map)

Then a graduation in the family takes me back to Iowa. The rest of the ride consist of equipment drops and another family visit in Wisconsin.

The ride looks like this:
IMG_0783_zps425ed703.jpg

I will be running SPOT:

The whole ride which will be around 7k will begin Saturday (May 11th):

SPOT: SpotWalla - Trip Viewer - Texas SS2kGold/Equipment Drops and Home

The SS2k attempt should begin May 16th at 0600 in Texas:

SPOT: SpotWalla - Trip Viewer - SS2k Gold attempt

Wow! That just looks awe-inspiring!! You will be in my backyard when you come into SC on I26! Make sure you wave! Have a great ride and good luck with your SS2K Gold! Ride Safe!!

Go Tony! Ride safe. I can't wait to retire so I can do that for a living!

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny side note- I got my wheels balanced on

Thursday. I was told that my bike has two bent rims and it really needs a complete tune up. Then I came home to find the CCT I ordered had finally arrived (Too late) it looks like I will be very busy when I arrive back in Florida.

Hey Tony, good luck with the ride. Your riding to my future home, Arlington Texas. I put in for a transfer to the General Motors assembly plant and it came though. Totally unexpected it to come though this soon. I'm leaving next Saturday to go down there to look for a place to live so I will be gone when you pass though. We will have to figure something out for the drop off. I'll keep in touch, be safe.

Should be interesting to check in off n on tomorrow to see what kind of ground he covers. Then again....to check in to watch the progress of someone else's ride while I am still stuck at work might be too much to bear.

If you guys need help regarding the drop off at Jasons let me know. I'm not that far away and would relish the chance to pee on Tonys bike again.

Looks like he made it in before the weather hit here. Hoping it all blows on out before his attempt. Tornados and softball size hail right now west of DFW. You can ride in the rain, but that right there is where I draw the line!!!

What is it with him an Tornadoes? The last leg of his Huron ride 2 years ago he drove into that same mess here.

Maybe he's a trailer Park?

I-35 looks like it will make this ride more of a challenge than I thought it would be. Single lane construction backed up for miles in the night. In the day... It Is even worse!

On a good note though: stopped by the Shark helmet distributor near Dallas on the way in. I felt like a kid in a candy store. Not only did they have hundreds of Shark helmets, but they distribute TCX boots also!

Latest posts