My new toy I picked up this last fall. (2008 R1)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bogie

Two Wheels Forever!!!
Reaction score
I picked this used 08 R1 last for in Wisconsin. Guy only put 1500 miles on it!!! He was selling it dirt cheap to get rid of it and I couldn't say no...........well I could have but I didn't want to. LOL

It was bone stock when I picked her up last November and over the winter I have been modding it a bit. I got tagged last fall by a car on the previous bike so I had some insurance money that I used to pay for the modding.

Here she is as she sits now. I do have to say that once this bike is paid for I see another Feejer sitting next to it. Loving the new updates Yamaha made since I had my 08 FJR.

IMG_0651.jpg
e6fe402e-23e1-423a-aebc-688dad0bb9dc.jpg

Thanks! I love the Marchesini wheels. I was stoked to find them at a great price and to pick up the Akrapovic Exhaust used cheap as well. :)

Great bike. I had an 07 and loved it. Matter of fact, I still have a spare head for it just in case that I am too lazy to sell.

Thanks guys!! She is a blast.

I love the look on peoples face when the 42 yr old with a graying hair pulls his helmet off. LOL

I owned an R1 for 10 years and it always had the ability to make the hair on the back of my neck stand up right until the time I sold it. An exciting motorcycle to be sure.

Damn nice ride, I'm 45 and wish I could drive one but my body is shot from bustin my ass all my life. Tried one out once and in 15-20 mins my wrists and back said I don't think so.

Next step is to try an FZ1.

Bike is sold!! Looking at shoulder surgery in a few weeks. Next spring I am back to a FJR!!!

Going to pick up a 2014. Wanting to take some serious road trips next year.

Congrats! Sorry you wasn't able to keep both, but when the body talks....we must listen.