Yamaha will change the world, well, the sport motorcycle world that is.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gixxerjasen

Reaction score
https://www.motorcycledaily.com/2013/05/yamaha-claims-it-will-change-the-sport-motorcycle-world-on-june-11/

Here come the triples!!!
biggrin.png

I'm personally hoping for a 2300cc triple engine powered FJR. I plan on being disappointed.
sad.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats it! WTH!!!!

Nothing to see here folks move along. Honda just came out with retro bike looking like the old CB's.

I am thinking something Retro for YAMI, Just sayin

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
My first bike......brand new 1979 Yamaha 750 Special. A well-done triple is a damn neat motor. I'm on my third black, shaft driven Yamaha. Second was a black (aftermarket professionally painted black) 1982 Seca Turbo. Surprisingly similar seat/peg/bars relationship to the FJR. Absolutely NO bottom end power.....turbocharger was down low, right near the swingarm pivot. Turbo lag was about 3 days, and if you were in the wrong gear coming out of a slow, tight corner, well, everyone else was in the next area code by the time the boost came on. Handled like crap, brake pads must have been oak or hickory, but the boost was a blast when ridden right.

More power to Yamaha.....hope they put some neat bikes around that triple.

In the early 1980's a Yamaha with a powerful engine and a shaft drive was tested by one of the national publications - I believe it was Rider rag. They did quarter mile test repeatedly and I seem to recall the shaft drive failed.

Retro - be careful of what you wish for.

Current Triumphs have triples and some like the torque curve on those bikes. I got to ride naked Triumph sportbike (street fighter comes to mind) as a loaner when my FJR was in the shop. It was fun but with limited wind protection was certainly not meant for the long haul.

There's nothing about it on the USA website but it smacks you in the face on on the Euro site. :-\

The MT-09 could be a good alternative to the Ninja 1000 which is about 89 pounds heavier.

I would be interested in a MT-09 if available in the US.

Did anyone recognize the switches near the left handlebars grip?

It's a 3 cyl FZ8 that's about 50 lbs. lighter with a lot more torque. Looks like fun but not a word on the US site. I'm gonna wait to see if it comes here before I get my face tattooed.

The European Yamaha web site says, "Yamaha MT-09 is a whole new concept in sport bike design...."

New concept it is not. Triumph has been doing this for years with the Street Tripples.

As noted above MEH and MT as in EmpTy sum it up perfectly.