Apres CFR - Home safe check-in

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamafitter

Reigning NERDS Granite Lane Gold Medalist
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for a fun CFR. I'll start by reporting that the two trailer queens (the FJR and the WR) are safe back in Bowmanville. After most of the folks left Ray, MEM & I went to the only Tim Horton's I know of that has it's own exit ramp off the highway (if you don't count the Service Centers on the 401). MEM laughed about the amount I keep on my Tim's Card. I showed MEM a photo I had just taken with my iPhone to MEM and she mentioned the girl in the photo had a big butt. Then she noticed the photo was of her. It was my turn to laugh.....

IMG_1125-L.jpg

Home safe and sound and dodged the rain by about 2 minutes! Hope Andy, Sooz and Jeff found some cover. It came down in buckets!

Thanks to Bill and everybody who attended. Line and I had a great time. Pics to follow.

(Oh, this feels weird. I'm usually the last to post after a rally)

The Stanley boys arrived here about half an hour ago. I don't know what the feck is going on, but Don has kicked me in the nuts 3 times.

I'm glad he's out soaking in the pool now.

Home, and have a clean FJR.

Bade my farewell to the New England crew at the bottom of the 507, where we parted ways.

Great to see everyone, meet a plethora of new folks, and reminded a bunch of wiser FJRers why they avoid me.
fool.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Checked in here at 3:30...... sunshine all day and darned hot when I got here (33C). 'twas a great vacation for me, good friends, good times. Many thanks to Bill for disorganizing all this!!

Last to leave but it was a short and safe ride home. Thanks to all of the the organizers once again for all of their fantastic routes. Maybe next time I won't change the seat before we go out on a weekend event ! I think she will forgive me eventually.... Yes I see a Russell Day Long in our future or maybe an R6.

Home safe and sound, was going to take the slow scenic route home, but at 30 plus degrees the highway kept the air moving enough to keep comfortable. Was nice to meet a group of people with similar interests and to put faces to all the forum names. Thanks to all the people who organize these events, great time.

Made it home around 7pm. We did some flower-sniffin' on the way out of Hunstville and stopped at Big Chute in time to see a few boats make the crossing. Very cool! Stopped in Bala for a mid-morning meal and watched Tom & Pam breeze by on their way through town! I may have lost a pound or two from the heat.

Thanks Bill for putting this on! It was great to see/meet folks and we had more fun than is likely allowed by law (at least in some provinces, I'm sure).

Mike & Laura

Home safe and sound and dodged the rain by about 2 minutes! Hope Andy, Sooz and Jeff found some cover. It came down in buckets!
Cover? Nah - we got f'n DRENCHED aboot 5 minutes after we left ya, Bungie! The Harley guys were under shelter, though. And remember that cracked lens on my left FF50? Well, I discovered that 55 watt halogen bulbs don't like water. Oh, well. Maybe I'll do a master class at the next Tech Day aboot water and halogen bulbs.

We rode with Jeff (FJRguy) into dah yoo-pee and bid farewell to him as he makes his way to Montana. He, bike and trailer were all find as can be although his cruise wasn't engaging, so that'll give him something to do.

Sooze and I will be home in a couple of days...

Got back in Ottawa around 8pm after stopping at my cousin's place in Bancroft for a couple of hours...

Didn't get wet although I did ride on wet asphalt from time to time...

I guess I was following the rainy clouds... Works for me!
smile.png

It was super hot and humid along the way, my gage was showing 100F at 7pm in Renfrew...

I had just enough time to unload and get the bike into the underground parking before the thunderstorm started...

Nice weekend with nice people!

See y'all next time!

flirt.gif

After following Fred-W through some of the more interesting roads between Huntsville and the border crossing at Thousand Islands, I split from the group and headed home. I got in safely at 9:30 PM. Another great rally goes in the record books.

After following Fred-W through some of the more interesting roads between Huntsville and the border crossing at Thousand Islands...
That loud mouth Shakin was giving away my secret stash of roads again. I'm going to get Top Speed_1 to kick Shakin in the nuts at NERDS since I might fall off my crutches if I try.

After following Fred-W through some of the more interesting roads between Huntsville and the border crossing at Thousand Islands...
That loud mouth Shakin was giving away my secret stash of roads again. I'm going to get Top Speed_1 to kick Shakin in the nuts at NERDS since I might fall off my crutches if I try.
After this weekend? ...I think Shakin is "Smoooooth, not Shakin!".

but kicking him in the nuts (eww, that word just freeqn HURTS! especially after what I went through with you Bill... ("Smooth-Roads Ontario Tour 2013")... let's just save that nut smack'n for your worst enemy.

Only bad thing I can say about Shakin is that he booked out at the Banquet (perfect timing for drinks eh?) right when it was time to cover for Bill up at the podium, luckily Bob filled-in quite well
smile.png

Great times and event fella's! A+ Well done and much appreceiated by all of us terds n nerds.

When I get time, I will post up my RR with pics. No nude one's this time so don't worry ladies! (I am probably due for another weeks "forum time-out" however?) lol.