Moby Orr: Or, The Whiskey

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BikerGeek99

Yeah, it's a concrete corn cob. So?
Reaction score
Moby Orr: Or, The Whiskey

Call me yamafitter, he said as he handed me a snort of his current preferred (AKA: FREE!) booze, Forty Creek. You see, Sooze and I had just rolled into the parking lot for CFR 2013, and yamafitter was our esteemed whipping post .. er, glutton for punishment er, Rally Master, so what better way to start the rally!

Unknown to me, yamafitter was aware of an old Canadian legend of a Canuck-eating albino manatee by the name of Moby Orr. Being a product of public education in the States, I'm still not sure if I am actually Canadian, and not really sure of the capital of my home province. Manatee? Other than that grumpy weirdo in Florida, I got nothing.

Anyway.

Yamafitter's had some experience with this whiskey er, legendary Canuck-eating albino manatee, I mean, and was well aware of the dangers when facing that whiskey er, legendary Canuck-eating albino manatee, I mean.

So, Friday evening, after riding around something like 47 Canadian provinces (and being led by a truly authentic Canadian who never gets to go anywhere), the rest of us schmucks were hanging out at Rally Central, scarfing pizza down by the lake, ducking MEM's truly shitty frisbee throws, stealing each others beer, and shakn was telling lies. As usual.

Suddenly eyes turned. Eyes widened. At a speed that could only be described as the World's Fastest Shuffle-Walk-Hop-Limp, we witnessed our own yamafitter boldly batting away the black flies (or he was having a seizure I'm still not sure which) and dragging his feet through the seagull shit on the dock, executed an Olympic-worthy score of something like negative Pi as he launched himself off the end of the dock into the water. The gasps (or maybe Geezer farting) were breath-taking. Either way, my eyes watered.

Unknown to the rest of us schmucks, yamafitter was boldly putting his life on the line to save three children from the legendary Canuck-eating albino manatee, Moby Orr.

Everything faded into a blur for me after that. Although, I vaguely recall some odd shenanigans going on. F'n weirdos from Sudbury were there and all that...

The next morning, yamafitter and I took a couple of 2013 FJRs out for a test ride in the damn rain and we all noticed that yamafitter had a little hitch in his giddy-up, but didn't really think a whole lot aboot it since he took on the legendary Canuck-eating albino manatee, Moby Orr last night. Besides, he had his anti-theft (AKA: piece of shit) umbrella he's had since rain was invented.

Later that day, Sooze and I rolled into the parking lot and saw this yamafitter, walking boot thing of his right foot, crutches at his side.

Score? Yamafitter: 1 Achilles that suffered a partial lobotomy.

The legendary Canuck-eating albino manatee, Moby Orr: still hiding in that whiskey bottle.

THE END

In all seriousness, Bill suffered a pretty good tear to his Achilles on Friday night at CFR. What was he doing? Well, let's just say there were witnesses, the lake was involved, and some doofus that rides a Kawasaki repeated the act later.

Take care of the leg, Bill.

As I sit here the pain killers I got from the Emergency Department are doing a pretty good job. While in Emergency there was a Code Blue and they had to put the paddles to the guy three times. They managed to revive him and it was pretty amazing how lucid the guy was immediately after the experience.

They did ask him what I thought was a pretty stupid question though when they asked if he was in any pain. Had I gone though that I would have said, "You just put enough electricity through my chest to run my table saw, what do you think!!!. Now shut up, hook up the morphine pump and let's have a party."

As far as my POS umbrella I have great sentimental attachment to that umbrella since I got it for free. It was part of my swag package when I had an accredited press pass at the 1984 ISDE in Bergamo, Italy. It rained there too.

By the way I should point out that "doofus" and "Kawasaki rider" is a redundant statement.

Last edited by a moderator:
yuck, could have done without that first pic...but I'm certain there were worse ones. Otherwise, hilarious writing, hope ya recover fast yamafitter.

So is this one of those "what happens in Canada stays in Canada"?

Sucks to get hurt while you're on the road. Heal up quickly Bill!

--G

I'm sticking with Yamafitter's injury was the result of a fresh water shark attack.

Better story than the truth!
smile.png

While I was there at the time, and actually was witness to it happening, I couldn't really tell what happened with any degree of accuracy. But the way I heard it (third hand, at best) was that it happened before Billy-fitter even created a splash when going after the elusive Moby Orr, eh?

Just a follow up.

I've seen my family doctor the Monday after the rally and had an MSK Ultrasound done on Wednesday to determine the extent of the torn Achilles Tendon. I received a call from the orthopaedic surgeon's secretary today and have an appointment at 10:30 at the fracture clinic at Oshawa General Hospital in the morning to find out if surgery is going to be required.

It is still going to be 6 to 8 weeks even if the tear is small enough that surgery is not required so the dirt bike is not going to see much use until the fall in time for the Calabogie Boogie Trail Ride and then it will be the FJR's turn for a trip to EOM.

I am going to NERDS but whether it will be on the FJR or not is still 50/50.

Further update. No surgery but now stuck in a full air-cast and a heal lift that further immobilized the ankle. Driving is a lot more challenging now. Will be in this cast till at least July 31st. Having the FJR at NERDS is now a longshot.