Shakin, Down, but not Out!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRGuy

FJR Rally Addict! :D
Reaction score
I didn't see another thread on this yet, but I just heard that our good friend Ian (Shakin) was taken down by a Dumb Fooking Cager on the weekend. Early information coming from Cindy says he's in good humour but has a long recovery ahead of him.

(Original email from Cindy removed, Jeff's post below provides a synopsis)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got an email from Cindy (wife of Candian forum member Shakin (Ian)... he's wrecked on Saturday, driver pulled a U-turn directly into his path (other driver's been charged).

According to Cindy, he'll be ok, fractured wrist, dislocated knee (ouch!), busted shoulder, a few cracked ribs and miscellaneous other bumps and lumps.

He's at St Mike's hospital in Toronto, apparently in good spirits and will be out of there sometime next week (ish).

His FJR is a total write off.

Sending all the good kharma I can his way...

Griff

I just read the e-mail and this just blows. That is two bikes of Ian's that got totalled in the last year due to the actions of Toronto's cagers. You wondered why I told everyone coming to CFR to give Toronto a wide birth..... now you know.

Ian was still going to physiotherapy from the last accident and now this. Riding in Toronto is not for the faint of heart.

Aw sweet frig. Heal up Ian, and I'll echo Fitters sentiments about riding in Toronto. Give it a wide birth, it's why I'll happily pay the toll on the 407, it's a lot cheaper than the toll riding in Toronto.

Always hate to hear of anyone getting hurt or worse. From the sound of it, he's got to be in a lot of pain. Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

Sad news, but good to hear that Ian will be OK in the long run. I hope the legal system makes the asshole that did this suffer. Thoughts and prayers for Ian, Cindy and family. Heal well my friend.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate hearing about this kind of accident --the ones you really have little to no control over. My cousin and his pillion wife had a similar accident a couple of years ago, luckily with only minor injuries. He was a moto officer with a boatload of training and experience, but none of that mattered when an idiot decided they would rather bang a U-turn than drive around the block.

Ian, glad to hear the injuries aren't serious or life threatening, it sounds like healing is going to take some time, though. Hoping any remaining surgeries go smoothly.