Going to the Indy GP in August?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fastalk

Reaction score
Myself and two friends are going to Indy for the race. Does anyone know if Yamaha is going to have a hospitality area set up or better prices on tickets?

I am hoping to be there as well, so tagging onto this thread to hear the answers.
bye.gif

I'll be heading out there also, my buddy who rides an FZ1 lives near by - just rec'd the tickets: Southwest Vista, Sec. 15, Row NN, Seats 1-7. Tagged on here to see if anybody has any intel on Yamaha hospitality.

I sent a email to Yamaha Racing to check on Hospitality also. I'll let you know if they respond. Did you get the 1 lap of the track with your tickets? We are staying right across the road from the track at my Insurance agents trailer.

My buddy has the tickets, I'll ask him about the track lap - that would be awesome.

Long time ago (1979?) went to visit my brother in the Army at Ft. Harrison, and we went to the Indy Speedway and took a lap around the track in a short bus!

Maybe I'll see you there - pretty sure I'll be the only '07 FJR with Maine plates.
scooter.gif

Just got our tickets Stand H Sec S01 Row AA. It should be a good view of the last 5 turns and final straight.

Make sure to go to the State fairgrounds on Sat. night and watch the dirttrackers run the twins on the MILE OVAL. It is one not to miss.

I have tickets in Stand E (south end of main straight) which is a good photo area. I have never seen a Yamaha hospitality area simiiar to Ducati Island but I can call the Speedway to see if there is one.

Anyone do the track lap? How was it on the Feej? I did not purchase reserved seats so I couldn't get to do the lap. I was just wondering if anyone did it and if it was at more than parade pace.

It was a hoot. The trick I've found is to hang back to the end of the group you'll be riding with. That way the pace bike gets well ahead, and you have a few opportunities to open up a bit. Saw video from another rider on YouTube...he busted nuts around the rest of the pack to be first in line behind the pace bike....then was pissed he couldn't run like Rossi.

Here's my lap.

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/154111-an-fjr-dominates-the-motogp-course/

Latest posts