The Rally Rallye 2013 Style

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickcorwn

Reaction score
Announcing the Rally Rallye

Rally ra-lê

Function: verb

1: a mass meeting intended to arouse group enthusiasm like CFO

2: also ral·lye [French rallye, from English 1rally] : a motorcycle competition using public roads and ordinary traffic rules with the object of gathering the most points in a specified amount of time over a route unknown to the participants until the start of the event

So it's a Rallye at a Rally hence the name The Rally Rallye.

A rally format is perfect for exploring the area all around La Crosse. The region is so saturated with great roads its hardly necessary to put together a planned route. Ive run several rallies in this area and always found it to be great fun to just let the GPS take me from point to point taking what ever roads it throws at me.

My intent is to make this as fun as possible, while introducing you to the twisted sport of rallying in a format that will be good for the rally virgins. That doesnt mean I will be easy on you! To the contrary I intend to be very strict at the scoring table very much in the Team Strange tradition. You learn from your mistakes not from me going easy on you.

The Rallye will be on Friday and will be 8 hours long.

I will need a minimum of 10 riders entered or I will need to cancel the Rallye, don't make me do this again.

Entry fee will be $15 any moneys left over will be spent on food and drinks, not necessarily in that order.

Deadline for entries will be 9/1/2013

One signifagant change from previous RRs only the Novice class will receive their rally packs in advance. Those in the Expert class will get theirs Friday AM at the riders meeting.

For more details go here Rally Ralley Info Central

What the heck is he talking about?? See previous discussions here and here. Go here and here to see what happened and how some people approached the rallye.

Don't need anymore convincing?? Then sign up, Registration Form here

If you ran the Rally Rallye in past years year and haven't run any other rallies since I'll still let you run in the Novice class.

In;

Linc

CraigRegs

Turvy

stevec677

Silver Ranger

mnrider

Wobbles

Intech

Last edited by a moderator:
For someone who has never run a Rally (or Rallye, I'm not sure which one) or ridden in that part of the country, it sounds like a lot of fun. Count me in. Is there a prize for least amount of points collected or least productive routing?

To make it more fun for the rallye virgin the grand prize will go to the person who get closest to a secret number, so anyone could win. There will be some sort of recognition for those with the most points, that's where the moldy cheese comes in
rolleyes.gif

Now don't everyone rush to sign up all at once
fool.gif

I need 10 for this to happen if it doesn't that will make my job easier, not as much fun but easier
not_i.gif

Register HERE.

We're finally off to a good start Linc and CraigRegs are signed up!

I'm off to NE Iowa to a bonus rich area I've recently located. Looking for more graves and caves :big_boss:

Yay! This will definitely be my first Rallye ever, looking forward to it! Kinda reminds me of geocachihg... on a bike! Hope we get the required 10 (or more) to make it a good run. :)

In the "Be careful what you wish for" vein: What are the chances of an IBR champ stepping in to show us how it's done?

That makes just 5 signed up for the Rally Rallye, we need 10 :big_boss:

Don't make me do all the work at the last minute. Sign up now :drinks: