CFR Donation Run

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamafitter

Reigning NERDS Granite Lane Gold Medalist
Reaction score
I had the donation cheque for the Huntsville Food Bank for a while and I decided I couldn't wait until the cast was off so we hobbled out to the garage and got the FJR loaded up and headed for a day ride to parts north.

I was a little late getting going and I needed to make the Food Bank before 3PM closing so I headed mostly up Hwy 35 to Dorset and then the fun run into the backside of Deerhurst before dropping off the cheque for $750 that we raised from the raffle ticket sales and the Garmin 350LM that we raffled off separately after Boob donated it back to us after first winning it.

The folks at the Food Bank was very busy when I was there but the folks were happy to accept the donation and took the time to pose for a photo....

food%20bank%201-L.jpg

With my main task complete it was time for a late lunch and I had heard over on ADV Rider that the Crossroads Pub in Rosseau was very good. It was a fun ride over to Rosseau and I came across some of the new signs that the township had installed after seeing BeemerDons riding in the area back in June....

food%20bank%202-L.jpg

It was almost 2 PM by the time I got to the pub in Rosseau but I

was lucky to find a table on the patio with a nice breeze and a view of the lake....

food%20bank%203-L.jpg

I had built up a good thrust at this point and decided to sample some of the local refreshment....

food%20bank%204-L.jpg

The Muskoka Cream Ale did an admirable job of slaking my thirst. The boys on ADV Rider raved about the burger and sweet potato fries so I decided to see if it could live up to the hype....

food%20bank%205-L.jpg

A little on the pricey side but very tasty and the service was very good. After I fueled myself up it was time to fuel the bike and start back south. I had a fun ride down the 632 to Port Carling and then made a quick stop in Bala to take a few scenery photos of the falls....

food%20bank%206-L.jpg

There was also a church right beside the falls that was worth a photo....

food%20bank%207-L.jpg

I did stop by the Big Chute Marine Railway but it was too late in the day and nothing was going on and I needed to get back.

Of course no ride report of mine would be complete if I did not make at least one Timmy's stop....

food%20bank%208-L.jpg

Roughly 600 km by the time the FJR got put back in the garage so I'm think I'm OK for riding at NERDS with the cast....

Food%20Bank%20Ride-L.png

AWESOME BILL! (NO, not Bill Elliot from Dawsonville either!)

& thanks Bob (Boob) too and Mikey for buying the Gips ...to up that check (OK, cheque) :)

Fitter- Your RR was kewl, nice pics and thanks for posting up the GPS image as of where you went (a lot off RR's leave this pretty important piece out!). Your route looked fun and scenic and I hope those fargin black flies are dormant now. Yikes!

Steamer; (from image above^)

he wants ya to know if - "you donated your clutch handle as well?" ...maybe he should donate his hair right? oh, wait....

Very cool of all ya'll peeps..

and nice RR too, Mr. Bill.

how come the icons don't work anymore?