A Second Cause for CFO, Help if You Can

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickcorwn

Reaction score
At CFO this year we've picked up a new cause, we're not abandoning Eddie's Road https://www.eddiesroad.org but there's this kid well not really a kid a young adult who's facing a long battle with Leukemia. His name is Brenden Gust he's from Grand Forks ND and an outstanding hockey player. While playing Junior A hockey for the El Paso Rhino's Brenden was injured and required surgery. In a routine pre-op exam, he was diagnosed with Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia. Now he's facing several years of chemo treatments. How'd you like to spend your 20's in chemo.
no2.gif
I hope we can send a nice sized check to help Brenden and his family after CFO but I don't think this needs to be limited to just those of us attending CFO. Brenden is in for the fight of his life I wanted to help, I hope you do too.

What can you do to help? First off there's a Facebook page you could Like and share Goforthegusto. At that FB page you can also buy a T-shirt for $10 plus $3 shipping. If you really feel like stepping up to the plate you can send a big fat check to Gate City Bank, 2850 24th Ave S, Grand Forks, ND 58201. Checks should be made out to GOFORGUSTO.

If you're interested in a little more info I went into a bit more detail in a thread over in CFO land, CFO 2013 T-Shirts For Sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, that is rough... and cancer does suck... it's hitting way too close to home these days.

I'll get a check out next week, Rick... thanks for setting this up! B)

Thank you Tyler, you more so than most people here understand the financial pressure a long medical battle can bring. Even with insurance there are so many extra costs involved that can drain a family not just financially but emotionally too. Sending a few bucks does a lot more than just bolster a bank account it tells the family that there are people out there that care.

Thank you Tyler, you more so than most people here understand the financial pressure a long medical battle can bring. Even with insurance there are so many extra costs involved that can drain a family not just financially but emotionally too. Sending a few bucks does a lot more than just bolster a bank account it tells the family that there are people out there that care.
Totally agree, Rick... the support I received - whether financial or emotional - from many here made such an impact on my psyche, heart, and mind. To know that people care is one of the best gifts you can give. B)

I've been very pleased with the response so far some peeps are donating as much or more than they're paying for the T-shirts :good:

Remember the Friday of CFO is Friday the 13th, you might need all the good karma you can get, I'm just sayn'.

Rick has CFO ever done a silent auction or raffle to support a cause like this at the rally. Not something that would take away from what is already planned and the hard work behind it. Just some thing additional.

Yes we have and yes we will. Sometimes I forget that not everyone has been to the past 5 or 6 CFOs like me
omg2.gif

The last couple of years we've been raising money for Eddie's Road by selling raffle tickets for the opportunity to be the very first person to pick from all the great swag that 0face rounds up for us. $5 a ticket, 5 for $20 most people are willing to throw down 2 or 3 Jacksons for the shot at a set of new tires or the gift cert from Traxxion or what ever else catches your eye. Check out all the goodies so far in the Swag-o-rama thread and there's more to come
greedy.gif

With the T-shirt sales and all the extra money that you very, very generous folks kicked in we've got just pennys shy of $350 for Brenden
good.gif
good.gif
good.gif

But we're not done yet, I don't know if you've noticed yet but Friday the 13th falls right in the middle of CFO
omg2.gif
But don't fret I've got you covered, I've got good karma in the form of #goforthegusto wrist bands
good.gif
Yep good karma for a mere $5 (or more if you're especially lacking in the karma department) a rabbits foot can't touch this. I've only got 20 and I'll be wearing one so that means there will only be 19 for you FFs
agent.gif

i-XkPb9qm-M.jpg

No PayPal this time just cash, PayPal has gotten enough of our money. I'll have them and collect the money at CFO.