Canyon cages

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easy install, what's tripping you up? On some bikes, the long bolt that you need to replace goes in the opposite direction then the instructions state (ie. right to left, not left to right).

Had a friend help me install them. It was pretty straight-forward and easy.

About a 20 minute job, and what helped the most was the pictures of the cages installed on the forum. I wasn't exactly sure of their placement until I confirmed it with other owners pictures of their installs.

These look great. Functionality question . . . so when the bike falls over on it's side, what are the points of contact besides the Canyon Cage on our 2013 models?

Shuey

Last edited by a moderator:
One tipover and they've paid for themselves.. DAMHIK :( : Super easy install.

Installed Canyon Cages and Saddlebag Guards last weekend. I had a friend lend a hand to hold the cages while I aligned and tightened bolts. Took less then 2 hours. As per usual, get all the bolts started before tightening down hard.

These look great. Functionality question . . . so when the bike falls over on it's side, what are the points of contact besides the Canyon Cage on our 2013 models?
Shuey
Shuey, good to see you here my friend!! 13's may be different, but on my Gen II, the cages allow the bike to go right down flat on the pavement with little effort, mirrors hit. The old 905 crash bars I had wouldn't allow this very easily. So, I may devise some kind of slider that makes the upper cage bar extend outward (kinda concept like an ST or the OEM '13 FJR sliders) a couple of inches.... now to find some Delrin....... will design this over the winter. The manufacturer could possibly put an outward curve in the upper tube...............?? Still would look OK I think.

Shuey
If the bike just falls over on level ground, the canyon cage should be it.

However, if the bike keels over downhill like mine did, the bike will tip forward, pivoting on the cage. Upper Edge of the lower cowling (think where the battery sits) and the lower front edge of the mirror is the primary contact points in this case.

Where is the best place online to purchase these?
I got mine directly from the manufacturer, MC Enterprises https://MC Enterprises USA They shipped quickly and the cages and bag guards were an easy 2 beer install job! They look great...

Here's the contact info and part numbers:

MC ENTERPRISES
835 Flynn Road
Camarillo, California 93012

Monday-Thursday
6:30am to 5:00pm PST

#1200-310
Side Bag Guards Yamaha FJR 1300 2013

#1200-410
Canyon Cage Yamaha FJR 1300 2013

Where is the best place online to purchase these?
I got mine directly from the manufacturer, MC Enterprises MC Enterprises USA They shipped quickly and the cages and bag guards were an easy 2 beer install job! They look great...

Here's the contact info and part numbers:

MC ENTERPRISES
835 Flynn Road
Camarillo, California 93012

Monday-Thursday
6:30am to 5:00pm PST

#1200-310
Side Bag Guards Yamaha FJR 1300 2013

#1200-410
Canyon Cage Yamaha FJR 1300 2013
Pretty tricky linky. I tried a couple of times (pre-coffee) and kept ending up back here.
no.gif
Looks like these slackers don't offer any bars for Gen I bikes, but they do look like they'd do the job. https://www.mcenterprisesusa.com/products/search/dsp_searchForm.cfm

FedEx just delivered mine. Looks like I now have a project for tomorrow's forecast of Thunder storms.

I've been to their website, but do not find any pricing for the cages or bag guards. Did I miss something or? All I see is go to mt dealer.