Official SW-FOG 2014 Announcement: 5/29 THU-6/1 SUN

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
Reaction score
I talked to Eric at the hotel and he has added more rooms for us. We now have a total of 35 rooms. I think this will work out for us. Joe (Tucson Joe)
Muchas Gracias Jose, I will move this to Post #1 and last post of SW-FOG 2014 thread ese!

https://www.sw-fog.com Your personal link to Registration for SW-FOG 2014.

OFFICIAL SW-FOG 2014 ANNOUNCEMENT: 5/29-6/1. This is a Thursday through Sunday, note that Memorial Day is on Monday, May 26, 2014. The location is Silver City, Western New Mexico and our base hotel is the Econo Lodge; day rides will start and end from their parking lot. I am your SW-FOG Rally Master and I would like to introduce the Rally Event Leaders:

Tucson Joe has stepped forward to be our Hotel coordinator and he has already done a fantastic job: Jose has already negotiated a $20 nightly discount for our rooms. Great job, Joe!
"Don, Talked to Eric and we have a special rate of $79.99 per night. I told him to hold approx. 20 rooms. He will not hold my VISA to this. It is under SW-FOG. This includes a continental breakfast. Also, he did not want my credit card to hold anything. Rooms are normally $99.99 a night at the Silver City, NM Econo Lodge. Hope this works. JSNS"

https://www.econolodgesilvercity.com Toll Free #: 1-800-55-ECONO Local #: (575) 534-1111 FAX #: (575) 534-2222 Ask for Eric and you must mention SW-FOG for your discount!

HotRodZilla had been designated our Official Ride Coordinator and he knows the best roads in Western New Mexico and Eastern Arizona like the back of his hand, you will love the rides!

https://www.sundaymorningrides.com/road/states/NM.shtml

MUCHAS GRACIAS! Scott - phroenips and his SW-FOG team have done a fantastic job over the last two years and we all want to give them a big round of applause! Circumstances prevented phroenips from continuing as SW-FOG Rally Master so I am back in the saddle again, with the able and informative assistance of Tucson Joe and HotRodZilla - AJ.

Scott - phroenips has graciously offered to continue the SW-FOG website and all the necessary computer work for this event, Thank God because AJ, Joe and Chuy are too dumb for it!

Any questions on SW-FOG 2014 please contact BeemerDonS - Don Stanley via PM here or [email protected] or 480-440-4666. The Devil's Highway 666 Ride will be the highlight!

https://www.motorcycleroads.us/roads/az_us191.html

Last edited by a moderator:
HotRodZilla had been designated our Official Ride Coordinator ... you will love the rides!

Oh, great.
At least we know the rides will appeal to the FJR "Geezer" crowd.

What about the rest of us?

Nice one! I'll be able to make this one. I would be intrested submiitting a cost to furnish BBQ for one of the evening meals. We, (me and my riding partner, wife) cook competition BBQ on the KCBS circut and do some catering on the side as well, this would be close enough for us to handel one of the meals. There you have it!

Nice one! I'll be able to make this one. I would be intrested submiitting a cost to furnish BBQ for one of the evening meals. We, (me and my riding partner, wife) cook competition BBQ on the KCBS circut and do some catering on the side as well, this would be close enough for us to handel one of the meals. There you have it!
Definitely interested NMRoadRunner, please submit a cost to furnish BBQ for one of the evening meals and I will ask phroenips to get this alternate dinner listed on the SW-FOG 2014 website!

Just booked my room with two queen beds for my Son Seth (16) and I, for the 3 nights of SW-FOG 2014. Nightly rate is discounted to $79.99 with a total per night, including the taxes, of $91.58: Resulting in a total lodging stay cost of $274.74. I used the direct phone number of (575) 534-1111 and I received a nine digit confirmation number, ask for Eric and you must mention SW-FOG to receive your discounted rate plus we have only 20 rooms reserved. BOOK ASAP!

I'm going to mark this on my 2014 calendar as soon as I get one. I think I'll skip the Econolodge and stay at my daughter's house in Silver City.

"cometman wrote: Not sure if I will make it but I booked a reservation just in case."

This is why Cometman is the smartest man on the Forum, go ahead and make your reservation and cancel it later if you have to! Since Tucson Joe reserved a block of 20 rooms, here is our cancellation policy: One week prior to check in and no fees charged to your credit care, so on Thursday, May 22 prior to 4pm just cancel if you have to!

Emory Pass is a great ride. I've done that ride many times. It's hard to choose between watching the rode and watching the scenery. Fortunately, the road wins most of the time.

Emory Pass is a great ride. I've done that ride many times. It's hard to choose between watching the rode and watching the scenery. Fortunately, the road wins most of the time.
+1, Gunny; when SW-FOG 2014 get closer SFCJCA, I will PM you to see if you want to ride over to Silver City with my Son Seth and I.

Sunset Crater and Wupatki Monument in Arizona - On The Way to SW-FOG 2014! If you are coming to Silver City, New Mexico next June from the West or North I highly recommend an overnight stop at Sunset Crater and Wupatki Monument in Northern Arizona. Here is a nice ride report with great photographs from AZ Beemers Club Member Charles Ratliff.

https://www.nps.gov/sucr/index.htm

https://www.nps.gov/wupa/index.htm

===============================================================================

Hey alll! Here is an overnight trip to Flagstaff on Sat and Sun 9-7 and 9-8. Kathy had business in Prescott and she left the screen door unlocked so I took a lesson from my dog and I BOLTED! Skies were threatening early Sat and sure enough the big feature of the trip was rain. Luckily, most of it was light and the couple of breaks I did get let me set up camp and cook Sat eve, and break camp in relative dryness (i.e. not pouring) in the AM. Stayed in the developed campground, don't normally do that but the weather was again bearing down on me! $20.00 ouch but a nice spot and friendly people. Pleasant tours of Sunset Crater and Wupatki Monument, all with light rain but not uncomfortable. The BIG downpour came between Flag and Payson on the way home, wow! Passed a couple of BMW groups heading up the hill Sunday, maybe some of them were some of y'all! Enjoy!

Charles Ratliff
G650GS

https://picasaweb.google.com/100612197032175377059/Flagstaff090813?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCOzlh8uk-Zr0lwE&feat=directlink

Sunset Crater and Wupatki Monument in Arizona - On The Way to SW-FOG 2014! If you are coming to Silver City, New Mexico next June from the West or North I highly recommend an overnight stop at Sunset Crater and Wupatki Monument in Northern Arizona.
Love it there, a cool road which ya can see in the movie Easy Rider (where they pick up the hippie they take to the commune)

5035530739_9be9fd50f6_z.jpg

enjoyed these, thanks...

what type of bird is the one in confederate blue/grey plumage with the kingfisher kind of crown?

That is a Steller's Jay. We love feeding peanuts to these birds up in the mountains, this Jay is so fearless he will fly up to you and take a nut right out of your hand! Same thing happens with HotRodZilla AJ, leave a full beer can on your lawn chair and he will sneak up and steal it! jes' sayin' and nuff said!

birdpiper08.jpg

Made my reservation. I used the military/government rate of $80 a night so not to use up one of the blocked rooms.

I need to make this one! That's an area of the country I haven't explored very much. I think the most is when I came to Taos in '11.