The 2014 FJR1300 - Woo-hoo!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkooterG

Purveyor of Crooked Facts
Reaction score
In a little less than 12 hours I expect Yamaha to announce some cool things about the 2014 FJR other than the new alleged red color.

Tick......tick......tick........

smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Just spit balling here - but Yamaha needs to go bigger. The K1600 is not going away and frankly Yamaha could do a better job. I am a looking for a bike that I can take from Dallas Texas, to Bar Harbor Maine, Vancouver BC, Key West Florida and San Diego CA - What I call a Four Corners Motorcycle. The 2013 FJR, as fine as it is - is not the bike - yet. Yamaha is the Toyota of Motorcycles - its time they became the Lexus of Motorcycles.

Just spit balling here - but Yamaha needs to go bigger. The K1600 is not going away and frankly Yamaha could do a better job. I am a looking for a bike that I can take from Dallas Texas, to Bar Harbor Maine, Vancouver BC, Key West Florida and San Diego CA - What I call a Four Corners Motorcycle. The 2013 FJR, as fine as it is - is not the bike - yet. Yamaha is the Toyota of Motorcycles - its time they became the Lexus of Motorcycles.
No offense, but go buy a K1600GT. I don't want the FJR to become like that pig. For me, with a few farkles, it will do a Four Corners ride easy-peasy, and then do it all over again. I don't want it to become a Lexus! But this isn't really a thread to discuss what we want the FJR to be. We have plenty of those around here and each person wants the FJR to be something different. If you don't like the FJR enough as-is, there are BMWs, ST1300s, C-14s, VFRs, Triumph Trophies, and I am sure a plethora of other fine motorcycles out there to choose from.

This thread is about the changes (or lack thereof
smile.png
) to the new 2014 model FJR.

BTW, interesting that you mentioned 'Toyota'. I bet most are not aware that Toyota owns xx% of Yamaha, and Yamaha owns a smaller xx% of Toyota.

Candy-apple red, upsidedown forks, electronically adjustable suspension, 1400 cc, 6-speed and a cruise control that will set to 100 mph. Priced at $10,000. (no air-bag this year) Forgot to mention that it comes with a factory Russell seat. Downside is that it will only be available with the "detuned" French motor and will only get 25 mpg.

Seriously, I am interested to see what Yamaha is going to do. A little surprised that they are making any change other than color after last years (significant) upgrade. Perhaps there were some things in the works that weren't ready for production last year?

Waiting with bated breath!

Edit: By the way, I am pretty happy with my 2007 the way it is! Not looking for anything other than some refinement and (continued) modernization. It would have to have some spectacular changes to entice me to buy a new one. My GenII is just nicely getting broken in with 100,000 miles. Not worth anything to sell or trade (because of mileage) so I will have to run it until it doesn't run anymore!

I think red will look good on the new styling that came out this year. The 13's are nice looking, but I am not a big fan of silver. If there is a new color I woder if they will keep the color contrast of the 13's.

I'd like to see something like the new Triumph Trophy set up where the top box gets power from the mount. As soon as you install the trunk on those you have 12 v. in the trunk for charging devices. Seems like that should be easy enough to do. 6 speed would be nice but not totally necessary. Color options would be nice instead of just 1 color per model year.

In a little less than 12 hours I expect Yamaha to announce some cool things about the 2014 FJR other than the new alleged red color.

smile.png
I noticed on my 13 the shifter side frame member has an mounting spot for a special edition emblem like my buddies vmax. I`m guessing were going to see a special edition version.

I am a looking for a bike that I can take from Dallas Texas, to Bar Harbor Maine, Vancouver BC, Key West Florida and San Diego CA - What I call a Four Corners Motorcycle. The 2013 FJR, as fine as it is - is not the bike - yet.
You mean a bike like six of the top ten 2013 IBR riders rode as they hit the 4 corners in 11 days?

Yeah, the FJR could use a few upgrades, but as a long distance bike, with only a few carefully chosen farkles, it is hard to beat. Factor in price, and IMHO, it is untouchable.

smile.png

Clock sure is moving slow today......

Are you serious?