CFO Home Safe Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CraigRegs

Reaction score
Reply to this thread to let us know you made it home safe and share any thoughts about CFO '13.

My ride home was like an Irish toast for the road rider: May ye enjoy fresh tires, smooth asphalt, and tail winds. And I certainly did. And I also enjoyed two very good bits of luck when crossing paths with LEO's that enabled me to keep rolling and not have to have a curbside chat.

This year's CFO was a real treat for me as work commitments have kept me off the bike more than I care to think about. (Except, ironically, for the commute to and from work.) So the trip to La Crosse, the Rally Rallye, the visit to New Glarus Brewery on Saturday, the backroads ride home, and the EXQUISITE weather Rick arranged were a welcome reprieve. Next year: NAFO!! Can. Not. Wait!

Thanks again Rick!

Glad you made it home safe, Craig!
cool.png
You were definitely heading in the right direction this morning. Bob (Intech) and I hit 4 solid hours of rain, no break. 240 miles later the gear was soaked, hands cold, and focus started slipping... so we'll join the commute tomorrow and grabbed rooms in Mendota, IL. Still raining here!
lmaosmiley.gif

Got home about 3:45. Marty and I were probably not far behind Linc and Intech. Yep, the rain and traffic sucked today, but I had a great time riding in cheeseland and meeting old and new friends. See some of ya next week at EOM.

North or West were definitely the better directions to be headed this morning. My ride up the Mississippi River valley was cool, dry and scenic. The river bluffs were shrouded in the clouds, very Smokey Mountain like. I hope those of you headed East get better weather tomorrow.

Left at 9 and home at 4. No scenic ride the long way-- 5 hours and 225 out of 325 miles in rain from light to heavy. Tires are toast.

New jacket and pants held up well, but gloves failed as expected-- both pairs. Thank goodness for the heated grips. Surprise with the boots: they hold water really well. Guess I need to get on the stick after 7 years of use and give them some love.

Rode some SUPER roads and had a good time meeting folks. As the Terminator said: "I'll be baaack."

Maybe on a FJR next time.

Attaboy to all, and thanks for all the work done.

Home with no problems. Rick was right. The clouds hanging low over the hills was very cool. Because I was heading away from the storm, I declare the whole weekend about the best weather ever. Way to go Rick, or whoever he put in charge of weather control.

Thanks again to those that made the CFO possible.

Mr paul

Ride home was wet. My Held air and dry gloves kept my hands dry. Very happy it was only 2 hours.

CFO was outstanding. Enjoyed the Rally Rallye. Thanks for putting it all together Rick.

Home safe, only 150ish miles of rain, "The Dude" and I took a little time and walked through the national motorcycle museum in Anamosa, IA. I could have spent the whole day. It was really great meeting everyone. Will definately be there for NAFO.

Left the hotel @ 10a.m. when the rain let up and headed east with only wet roads for half of the ride. Arrived home @ 1p.m.

Another fun CFO event as usual, had a great time! Never can get enough of the roads & sites in the southwest part of WI!

(With exception of the couple of fresh chip-sealed roads we encountered, but they'll be in good shape for NAFO!)

Thanks to Rick and all who helped with the rally!

Home safe and sound....4 hrs in rain, some time heavy downpour. Had a good time and glad to see old and new friends.

Home no problem except for a sore A$$ from the stock seat. Rick thank for all your time and effort you put into this event. The hotel accommodation were great. Hope you did well on your fund raiser! Thanks to Oface for the crash coarse in Basecamp.

Me & the odd bike out made it home without problems. It was great to see a big turn out & Saturday was absolutely a dream ride day. Thanks Rick for a great CFO & Marty you certainly out did yourself on the amount & quality of all the swag,

Great get together!!