Route advice --please--Torrey to Pikes Peak

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bes

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have 4 days planned in the saddle leaving Vegas Thursday morning and having dinner that night in Torrey. Weather holding I'm headed to the Peak. Any route suggestions regarding the route to get there with as little slab as possible.....Also anything else I should try to ride before heading back to Vegas. I know the trip is a little condensed but that's how much time I have. Thanks, Barry

Unfortunately I don't have any route advice, but just to say be careful on the passes. We had snow on the passes last night.

i echo denver fjr's comment. if you are coming from the west, consider taking hwy 50 at grand junction and taking it all the way to hwy 115 at penrose; then north up to co. springs and pikes peak. you will hit great scenery, including over monarch pass and a great canyon run from salida to canon city, right along the arkansas river. you avoid i-70 with this route. IM me if u want more details. also, check to see if pikes peak is open for traffic (snow could be the issue).

Is Pikes Peak a national park, or run federally? If it is, it could be closed...Just a thought.

Also, if you go, bring layers. Mornings will be ugly cold with warm afternoons and cold evenings.

If you have or can make the time, consider dropping down from Grand Junction/US50 near Whitewater and ride 141. You can take 145 over to Ridgway where weather will probably dictate heading back up to US50. If not, head south on the Million Dollar. US50's a wonderful road. Nicely patrolled, though, at least when I'm riding.