Marquez caught in the act!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A41Billy

Reaction score
Let the sanctions begin! Marc has been caught RED handed!
bleh.gif

GJEyJeW.jpg

Funny photo, but not far from the truth:

https://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/110229

from the article: "Honda has confirmed that contact with Marc Marquez caused Dani Pedrosa's violent accident in the Aragon Grand Prix. Pedrosa appeared to crash alone just moments after Honda team-mate Marquez had run wide in a bid to pass him for second.

But it then emerged that light contact between the pair had damaged a cable in Pedrosa's traction control system, leading to the high-side on the exit of the corner."

There is actually a big difference between accidental contact and deliberate sabotage. With respect to recent race results I think Pedrosa would be the one trying to slow down Marquez.

More Marquez Magic! Boy he can ride. Incident described as contact not accident, that was all it was, just so unlucky that it had such dramatic consequences.

Best regards

Surly

Pedrosa blamed Nicky Hayden for the incident when he took him out saying that Nicky was too slow in the corner. Kind of funny how that works when he crashes...only a racer who can't win a title after 7 years even though he has the best equipment in the paddock can justify it their twisted view of the world.

Really hoping that Honda gives him and Puig the punt after this season

Go Marquez

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm loving this season, even though I wish Spies was still racing. It's amazing how many records Marquez has broken, I think he will surpass Rossi as the GOAT.

The boys on BBC were speculating about Pedrosa's crash, and the traction control issue came up, so it's not a surprise to see that was the cause.

I'm loving this season, even though I wish Spies was still racing. It's amazing how many records Marquez has broken, I think he will surpass Rossi as the GOAT. The boys on BBC were speculating about Pedrosa's crash, and the traction control issue came up, so it's not a surprise to see that was the cause.
The Spaniards spend more time fighting each other than we Irishmen do! Go Marquez: I'm also impressed by how many records he's broken!

repsol.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahem, it was nice to be there in person for his first record he broke in the premier class.
biggrin.png

Ahem, it was nice to be there in person for his first record he broke in the premier class.
biggrin.png
Did anyone ever explain to you that saying mean things like this will result in bad karma? Gloating over things like this can result in terrible paybacks. Things like mysteriously stuck suspension components...
uhoh.gif

Your bad karma meter just went up a tick too.
biggrin.png
I am not scared of Karma no matter how mean she is. Years of marriage to Mrs. Redfish has made me immune to such things.

Tell you what my vertically challenged friend, IF I get my plant back up and running and IF you get your suspension unstuck, I will try to meet you at next year's COTA event. There I will attempt to reverse Karma by buying your lunch. IF all that comes together you and I can personally watch these overpaid midgets ride these awesome motorcycles.

The first one is a pretty big IF. At any rate I owe you a lunch.

The 2014 calendar was announced yesterday. The US is back to 2 rounds with Laguna Seca no longer hosting, and the COTA round will be April 13th.

Tickets just went on sale here, much cheaper than last year...i'll probably just do GA for sunday with yoko...COTA is a great place too. just watched vintage racing there last month...its getting better too as they are getting more experienced.....maybe this year we can hook up....