Coffman's Exhaust

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They sound nice, are obviously pretty light and the price for the pair is reasonable compared to some of the others. Would be interesting to hear from some folks who have run them for a while to confirm that they don't damage the side cases.

I emailed the following to Coffman's to get their response:

Hi.

I was looking around last night at exhaust options for my FJR1300, and found your company.
I have posted your site on a couple of forums to get some people's input and one of the biggest concerns is, the exhaust is pointed right at the rear bags of the FJR1300, and people are wondering if the heat from the exhaust would hit the rear bags?

I wanted to see if the heat dissipates before it gets to the back bags of the FJR?

Thank you so much for your help.

Pam Coffman's response:

No.They point under the bags.I'll send another pic to you Monday. Thanks for your inquiry.

I will post the pic once I get it.

Sorry...Another vote for: I don't like the sound, and I really don't like the look. I don't even like them on sport bikes.

However, even if they do point at the bags, I don't think there's enough heat to cause any significant issues with the bags. Maybe make them dirty, but I bet that's it.

Hell, it's your bike. Get them if you like. Maybe you'll love them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I looked at the website. The color: very cool. The sound: lots of it.. Harley's beware. The size: like really micro. It looks like something's missing? Looking at them without the saddle bags: Not too bad. But with the saddlebags?

Uggh.

But don't mind me. I'm the guy that thinks a car tire looks cool...

Gary

darksider #44

Last edited by a moderator:
I was intrigued with them also, but they will not sell to California. I bought the Delkevic exhaust and am very happy. Too quiet with the inserts in, but will be great for some.

Well I looked at the website. The color: very cool. The sound: lots of it.. Harley's beware. The size: like really micro. It looks like something's missing? Looking at them without the saddle bags: Not too bad. But with the saddlebags?Uggh.

Gary

darksider #44
Yes. Uggh IMO as well.

https://coffmansexhaust.com/wp-content/uploads/rokgallery/b/b78c2d81-4887-4ebe-fd8f-79b38beffbd6/fjr1300-bike.jpg

BTW, is that Fred's bike?
tonguesmiley.gif

Well I looked at the website. The color: very cool. The sound: lots of it.. Harley's beware. The size: like really micro. It looks like something's missing? Looking at them without the saddle bags: Not too bad. But with the saddlebags?Uggh.

Gary

darksider #44
Yes. Uggh IMO as well.

https://coffmansexhaust.com/wp-content/uploads/rokgallery/b/b78c2d81-4887-4ebe-fd8f-79b38beffbd6/fjr1300-bike.jpg

BTW, is that Fred's bike?
tonguesmiley.gif
From that picture it looks like there is no chance of heating up the bags.