2014 FJR1300 Cruise Control. ......

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkooterG

Purveyor of Crooked Facts
Reaction score
Schwing!!! Yamaha does listen!

Tough day on the job today. There were several new bikes on the demo line with less than five miles on the odometer.

Well, bikes can't be demo'd to the public unless they have one hundred miles on them so guess who had to ride a brand new R1, FZ-09, and FJR? That's right, yours truly. It's a tough job. ....

Anywho, for those that DO care i am happy to report the new '14 FJR's cruise control has a new limit WELL in excess of the '13 FJR's 80mph limit.

Woo-hoo! Great job Yamaha! They listened!

Last edited by a moderator:
Kuehl! Now to steal some 2014 code.

Howdya' like that FZ-09? I'm betting Yamaha sells about 1.37 bazillion if those.

ScooterG, Did it happen to be an ES model FJR that you were able to ride?? Also, how did you like the FZ-09?

On the topic of the FZ-09, seems the insurance companies are classifying it as a sport bike, which means hefty insurance premiums. Maybe they need to lose the FZ designation.

That is great news on the cruise control!!
punk.gif

I'd like to hear how the FZ-09 ran if you have some feedback Greg.

Schwing!!! Yamaha does listen!
Tough day on the job today. There were several new bikes on the demo line with less than five miles on the odometer.

Well, bikes can't be demo'd to the public unless they have one hundred miles on them so guess who had to ride a brand new R1, FZ-09, and FJR? That's right, yours truly. It's a tough job. ....
SCREW You!!!

...and the bike you came riding in on!
smile.png

Thanks for the good word...all those palsy handed, speed demon FJR posers will be very happy.
punk.gif

Anywho, for those that DO care i am happy to report the new '14 FJR's cruise control has a new limit WELL in excess of the '13 FJR's 80mph limit.
Reading between the lines of that nicely worded statement from Mr. Marbach the Yamaha employee and the Greg I know and ridden with for extended periods in many parts of the country including Nevada....I can pretty well infer the new limit is much more in line with expectations of those that like to cruise at FJR nominal speeds.

It would seem I have no reason, other than lack of funds, to purchase a 2014 FJR.

Hmmmm.

Thanks for the report spinny!

Reading between the lines of that nicely worded statement from Mr. Marbach the Yamaha employee and the Greg I know and ridden with for extended periods in many parts of the country including Nevada....I can pretty well infer the new limit is much more in line with expectations of those that like to cruise at FJR nominal speeds.
It would seem I have no reason, other than lack of funds, not to purchase a 2014 FJR.

Hmmmm.

Fixed it for you........I think........

It would seem I have no reason, other than lack of funds, NOT to purchase a 2014 FJR.

Hmmmm.

Ditto...With McRider's fix. Dammit...My bank account is not gonna like if I go and sell my paid off bike to purchase an un-paid off bike. But that RED (my favorite color) the ES, and the Cruise Control fix is making these new FJRs hard to ignore. Anyone think with the right application of a hammer, Skooty could get me a smoking discount??

This is really starting to aggravate me! When are these things going to start showing up at the dealers?

LIke Zilla, I hate to get rid of a perfectly good PAID OFF bike to get another note but...

This is really starting to aggravate me! When are these things going to start showing up at the dealers?
LIke Zilla, I hate to get rid of a perfectly good PAID OFF bike to get another note but...
You wanna buy my '07?? You and your dad can match!!
Sometimes you are a hateful little man.

Friendly Honda/Yamaha has been leaving me voicemails and e-mails. They don't know anything definite yet, other than they know they want my money. The joke is on them. I don't have any money!

Scooter, what's the scuttlebutt on the AE ES washing up on our shore? That would definitely make me wanna get rid of a paid off bike and buy a new one! :)

Skooter must be worn out by all that fun today.
tonguesmiley.gif
I'd like his reviews, also.

But, due to the economy, I'd say I'll be just another kid with his nose pressed up against the glass watching the future 2014 owners enjoy their new toys.
no2.gif

-R

Perhaps we should wait for the 2015 to come out with 6 sp trans and ES standard. You know ABS came that route. If all the forum members make enough noise we could insist the 2015 have 6 sp, ES, better seat, bar riser, and three colors to choose from. After all the customer is always right!!!

Woo-hoo! Great job Yamaha! They listened!
The truth be told, I don't give a Rat's Ass about the '13's 80 mph limit because I have never exceeded the speed limit on a FJR......is there any other reason to pay an extra $2k for a '14 instead of a leftover '13?