John Ryan Stickers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Reaction score
Update: Jim ran out of the first batch of stickers. He'll be responding to everyone that ordered if their order will be shipped or not.

Just an FYI. John Ryan stickers are available on the following URL.

https://johnryanstickers.com/

Jim Boone is handling the logistics of ordering and shipping the stickers and dealing with the donations. Note, any profits made from stickers sales will be going to a non-profit that was near and dear to John, Camp Nejeda.

Another friend of John's has some patches being made as well, and those will be added to the site as well in the next few days.

Ride In Paradise John!

Last edited by a moderator:
So what I took away from this thread, based on the picture of John and his record setting FJR is he Runs METZLERS, like me!

Update: Jim ran out of the first batch of stickers. He'll be responding to everyone that ordered if their order will be shipped or not.

"I am now out of stock on the initial 300 stickers I ordered thanks to the LD community. I haven't added it up yet, but the donation will be over $1000 to Camp Tejeda in John's name.

I filled by the order they came in, and will email each person off-list if I got theirs sent, or if I didn't, so stand by for that; it will take me until this evening to get that done. I still have to go to the post office and mail the ones I have ready.

If there is interest, I will get another order of the stickers in, and can even do an alternate design. I know JWJR was thrown around.

So, you tell me on or off list what you want.

FYI - I am going to the IBA Texas party. I'll be home a day or two afterwards, then flying to Germany for 12 days on a pre-planned trip with my SO (payback for LD kitchen passes!). It would be end of Nov/beginning of Dec before I would start sending the next batch out.

Jim Boone"

FYI I am finding out if there's interest in doing another batch. The original idea was to sell these to make a donation for Camp Tejeda where JR volunteered and the family wanted donations in his memory.

Thanks to many generous folks in the LD community, we succeeded in that. As soon as I get the money transferred from Paypal to my account, I'll be sending a $1500 check.

Much of that was due to Justin setting up the website to sell them! I had sold maybe 80 or so and was waiting on checks that were supposed to be on the way when the website went on line. It was all I could do to keep up after that as I went through them one at a time, in the order they were received, and hand wrote in a college ruled notebook all the pertinent info and addressed the envelopes. I learned much about USPS pricing! I honestly thought I'd still have some in the spring.

So - is there interest in doing another batch? The same or maybe a different style? or both? I've had two ideas thrown about from others:

> JWJR - John Would Just Ride

> using reflective tape for a background.

FYI - I will be leaving for the IBA Texas party early next week. When I get home, a couple of days later wifey & I are headed to Germany for 12 days. Point being it would be end of Nov or early Dec before I would likely have the time to fill orders again.

So, let me know, or if someone wants to pick up the ball - that's OK too. I'm not making any money off this, and in fact donated a fair amount myself in the costs to do it. Not a big deal, and happy to for JRs memory, but just wanted to be clear.

So? what's the consensus?

So, let me know, or if someone wants to pick up the ball - that's OK too. I'm not making any money off this, and in fact donated a fair amount myself in the costs to do it. Not a big deal, and happy to for JRs memory, but just wanted to be clear.
Man, I wish I could step up and volunteer to pick up the ball, but I simply don't have any time these days. Hopefully someone else will step up to take over till your return and come up with a more streamlined process to handle the transactions.

I'm interested in the original stickers, but if it's decided to go with something else, I'm cool with that too. It's all good.

Thanks for putting in the time on this. No rush for me either. Get to it when you're able.

Has anyone gotten an email as to wheather you are, or are not getting the stickers?
Jim is probably still working through the list. Keep in mind he did a few hundred in one day, that's a lot of writing and sorting. He's also got a lead on someone to take over handling the stickers while he's out of town. Hopefully will have an update soon.

Has anyone gotten an email as to wheather you are, or are not getting the stickers?
Just PM and I'll look in my notebook.

But- if you sent funds via paypal and haven't got a refund, then likely it's in the mail. If you mailed a check, then maybe, but I only had a few of those. I got two more letters today, but one was someone that paid via paypal (so the stickers were set aside) and they sent a SASE.

I'll gladly check tho so you know for sure.

Either sticker. I just want some on my bike to honor John!