Contemplating a trip over Turkey Day weekend

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvtoride

My Indian name is "Pants On Fire"
Reaction score
So, thinking about an end of the year ride & considering Thanksgiving Day Weekend because it's a 4 day weekend. Well, in reality I'd probably consider it a 3 day weekend/ trip... ride out to WV or surrounding area on Friday, ride around on Saturday & return home on Sunday. Any interest in something like this?

I guess we'll need to keep an eye on weather the closer that we get, Joe. Awesome to hear from you, bud.

North Georgia is quite a distance for a 3 day weekend. I think we're better off waiting to see how the weather pans out & ride in WV. There's some good ass riding in WV... EASILY as good or probably better than North Georgia. if not for that pesky snow.

I guess we'll need to keep an eye on weather the closer that we get, Joe. Awesome to hear from you, bud.
Maybe we can get that cabin that has all the coolers full of beer on the deck this time...
assassin.gif
lol.gif

LOL! Hungry Mother State Park.. SW Virginia is also good riding. I think that we need to get the cabin in someone elses name besides Bob.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm interested, if you go south and west enough, and there's no worry for snow/ice, and the overnight/food arrangements are cheap enough (without having to lay in the tent and listen to mining equipment run all night), and we'll be close enough to run into Cabela's for a minute or two, and.........

I'm interested, if you go south and west enough, and there's no worry for snow/ice, and the overnight/food arrangements are cheap enough (without having to lay in the tent and listen to mining equipment run all night), and we'll be close enough to run into Cabela's for a minute or two, and.........
Not very needy are you?
rolleyes.gif

Who said anything about tents? Did somebody say we'd sleep in tents??? I'm assuming that person bumped their head. Its just a hop, skip & jump from December. I see no tent in the near future.

Maybe we could just come down, and stay at your place...sounds like a good idea
punk.gif

Yeah, that's it Joe!

But seriously... is Thanksgiving weekend when we went to Hungry Mother last year? It was 16 degrees when we left to go home on Sunday morning. There is absolutely no way I'm going to be sleeping in a tent in that kind of weather.

We could try Hungry Mother Park again. Those were some really decent cabins.

Maybe we could just come down, and stay at your place...sounds like a good idea
punk.gif
My place is only an hour and a half from the 2012 EOM motel. Plenty of free tent space. Should I start putting together some routes and order the portajons? Instead of hopping distilleries we can tour local methlabs?

Pasturepalooza 2013 is ON!
smile.png

I don't think that I was loud enough... either that or you are ignoring me... NO TENTS NEEDED FOR THIS TRIP!!!! lol!

Seriously 1911... spring... maybe spring. & thanks for the invitation.

So, do we have any takers? Time is growing closer. At this point, it looks like Jay & I are it at this juncture. Do you know anything yet, Joe?

& I was thinking hard about Sparta, NC as the jumping off spot for the weekend. This would be a killer area for a weekend ride with lots of possible places to ride... 58/The Snake/ Back of the Dragon (Rte 16)/Rte 80... just to name a few. You could easily ride into VA, WV or TN if that tripped your trigger.

Looking @ staying at the Alleghany Inn https://www.alleghanyinn.com/. I've stayed here a number of times. It's a really decent place.