11/17-SUN: Meet Ed & Jacquie, Javelina Cantina lunch, Sedona; ride Oak Creek Canyon.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
Reaction score
11/17-Sunday: Meet Ed & Jacquie, Javelina Cantina lunch, Sedona; ride Oak Creek Canyon.

https://www.javelinacantinasedona.com Our FJR Forum friends pegscraper and MsNASCAR, Ed and Jacquie, have moved from San Diego to Prescott and this is the Southwest FJRiders Run to welcome them to Arizona! We will depart the Chevron Station located at the Northeast intersection of Interstate 17 and the Carefree Highway-AZ 74 at 0830 SHARP.

Lunch will be at 1130 at the Javelina Cantina and afterwards we will ride North through famous Oak Creek Canyon. Jump back onto I-17 at Mountainaire, then slab it to PHX.

Attention, please: Kindly post up here in this thread if you are attending by Friday night, November 15. I will call the Javelina Cantina and secure our reservation on NOV 16.

Javelina Cantina 671 HWY 179 #BD Sedona, AZ 86336 Phone (928) 282-1313 We are located in the Hillside Sedona Shops.
From the Village of Oak Creek: Take 179 North about 4 miles, We are just North of the Kings Ransom Hotel and Circle K, turn right into Hillside Sedona Shops.
From Sedona: Take 179 South, half mile South of the "Y" or 200 meters South of Tlaquepaque entrance. Turn left into the Hillside Sedona Shops.

Videos of Motorcycling Oak Creek Canyon, Arizona.

Last edited by a moderator:
This Javelina looks a lot like our HotRodZilla, but the Javelina is a Hell of a lot better looking than AJ 'Zilla is! jes' sayin' and nuff said!

Yo pegscraper and MsNASCAR, I just received this email from "Welcome from San Diego" johnny80s:

"Tell Ed to watch out for the Arizona bicyclists. I hear they are even more aggressive than the ones in Malibu."

Yo pegscraper and MsNASCAR, I just received this email from "Welcome from San Diego" johnny80s:
"Tell Ed to watch out for the Arizona bicyclists. I hear they are even more aggressive than the ones in Malibu."
I hear the bikers here are like Javelinas on wheels. I almost got clobbered by one as we were rounding a curve, heading up toward Jerome, as he was passing a car with a double yellow. Luckily he stayed tight with the car as he rounded the blind curve. I was in the center of my lane but it was still close.

I hear the bicyclists here are like Javelinas on wheels. I almost got clobbered by one as we were rounding a curve, heading up toward Jerome, as he was passing a car with a double yellow. Luckily he stayed tight with the car as he rounded the blind curve. I was in the center of my lane but it was still close.
Bicyclists passing on a blind curve?

That sounds like....ohhhh, never mind.

I hear the bicyclists here are like Javelinas on wheels. I almost got clobbered by one as we were rounding a curve, heading up toward Jerome, as he was passing a car with a double yellow. Luckily he stayed tight with the car as he rounded the blind curve. I was in the center of my lane but it was still close.
Bicyclists passing on a blind curve?
That sounds like....ohhhh, never mind.
Wheatie, this was the bicyclist! jes' sayin' and nuff said!

BUMP REMINDER! 10 days from now we're riding to Sedona for lunch and then riding up beautiful Oak Creek Canyon, you don't want to miss this gorgeous ride. Let me know here if you're attending by Friday night 11/15, because I'm calling in reservations to Javelina Cantina at Noon on 11/16!

REMINDER! A week from today FJR Forumites are riding to Sedona to meet FJR Friends Ed and Jacquie, plus have lunch at the Javelina Cantina.

Please let me know here by this Friday evening 11/15 if you're attending, JC has been voted the best Mexican Restaurant in Sedona for many now!

Current 11/17 Sedona Ride Roster:

Gerard

Don
Donna
Scott
Jenny
Brian
Melanie
Ed
Jacquie
Bill
Jeff

MsNASCAR can't make it since it is the last race of the season for NASCAR. Just kidding, we will be recording it.

We did make it to Phoenix for Friday's qualifying and Sunday's race. It was loud, fast and everything you would expect out of a good race. Of course, you had some cars that dominated and foul mouth Danica was constantly bitchin on the scanner. Can't fault her, she is a bitchin good looker too. I guess she is just like one of the boys.

One big plus about parking at the track, MCs have their special parking next to the grand stands instead of a mile away for the cages. The newly reconfigured track was great with the steeper banking, making for faster speeds.

Much more to tell this Sunday and looking forward to meeting some of the locals. Unfortunately, we will not be at the meeting spot in Phoenix, but will be departing Prescott via 89A, running up through Jerome and then over to Sedona. If anyone wants to ride that leg with us let me know so we could meet somewhere in town here, perhaps at Watson Lake. Let me know so I can set it up or we will just meet you in Sedona.

Quote from AZGman: What time would we meet in Prescott? A route via Jerome sounds appealing!

AZ Beemer Gerard, I will move this question over to www.fjrforum.com peg scraper and MsNASCAR are not on the AZB site!

I've been watching this thread and thinking about going. I'm in the Prescott area so riding up 89A would be perfect for me. What time would you be meeting at Watson Lake?

Arizona Jim, I will move this over to FJRforum.com peg scraper and MsNASCAR are not on the BMW K1600 Forum site.

It sounds like some interest to ride from Prescott to Sedona this Sunday November 17th.

We will meet at the Watson Lake viewpoint parking lot at 9:45 and KSU at 10 for a nice little ride up 89A, over Jerome and to Sedona. Watson Lk to Sedona

Who is interested?

It sounds like some interest to ride from Prescott to Sedona this Sunday November 17th.
We will meet at the Watson Lake viewpoint parking lot at 9:45 and KSU at 10 for a nice little ride up 89A, over Jerome and to Sedona. Watson Lk to Sedona

Who is interested?
From AZ Beemers Member Brian Boles:
Don, I would also vote for a Prescott hookup and ride over 89A. Watson Lake would work as would the gas station at the intersection of 89A and N. Viewpoint Dr. in P.V., just west of Fain Rd.

"We could run up I-17 to AZ 69 and over.

By the way, you can get to Watson Lake without going through downtown, you take a right on Prescott Lakes Parkway off 69."
===========================================================================

OK Brian, but we are going to need to leave the Carefree Chevron at 0830 instead of 0930.

I went ahead and changed the original Ride Notice: 0830 hours departure from the Carefree Chevron, NE Corner of I-17 and AZ-74!

Who is interested?

8:30 !?!? DAMN. Just kidding - But it may be tougher to kick Melanie out of bed 1 hour earlier.

Leading an FJR Forum Ride is just like herding cats, but it is a Hell of a lot easier herding cats!