Motorcycle Cop Drag Races another biker

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wlfman

Reaction score
Absolutely amazing display of idiocy! Not only does he try to beat a 600RR with a HD (that's not happening), he chats it up with a hooligan that has a helmet cam on his melon, prior to racing him!

if that is the worst thing we have to worry about today, we're doing good.
weirdsmiley.gif

We read about this kind of stuff every day. Teachers, ministers, government officials, our military; those who ought to know better but obviously don't. We can all agree that it's certainly a sad commentary about the morality (or lack thereof) of a nation. However, let's not forget the vast majority of professionals out there that do what is right, every day and in every way, while on the job. Only a fool would allow the excuses of the few to discredit the integrity of the many. I for one am thankful for the fine job the officers of this land do each day at what can sometimes be a thankless and dangerous job. Many put their life on the line every time they put on that badge. Show me an officer that's been on the job for any length of time who has NOT had a close scrape with death. They've certainly earned MY respect. Until of course one pulls me over. Then I'll be using words like, "good-for-nuthin', worthless..."

Gary

darksider #44

Last edited by a moderator:
Fire the officer for playing around? I don't think so. How fast were they going....50..60. Ooooh my.

Would you prefer that he pulled over the sport bike rider and wrote him up? Sets a bad example? Yes for some. On the other hand not for all. No harm, No foul. Positive PR? That cop made that guys decade and a big smile goes a long way. It's tough being human. It's even tougher being a LEO IMHO

Sooo,,,,,,,,,,,,why does everything need to be posted on YouTube?
If that had been me, to play race a motorcyle cop would have been just too cool and I would have left it at that. No need to post it on YouTube.
I totally agree. So the sport bike rider had a good laugh, should have left it at that. Posting it up was a sure way to get the cop's indiscretion noticed publicly for sure. What did he think was going to happen? Geez... bad judgement all the way around, too bad it cost him his job.

I didn't see anything particularly unsafe, they slowed down well before traffic and their speeds "appear" not any higher than what I see CHP and city moto cops riding at regularly.

That being said, it was certainly ill advised of the cop to agree to a drag race, I am all for community policing and sharing a few good laughs with civilians, actually I strongly prefer that type of policing to adversarial shoving the ram-rod of law down your throat type of military policing. However, that attitude has to come from both sides, it was a douchebag move or just stupid/ignorant of the CBR rider to post up that video.

Political correctness has no bounds.

“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
Benjamin Franklin

(One wicked smaht fukher in his day)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's pretty sad when a YouTube video is sufficient evidence for someone to lose their job. It looked to me like the only time they gunned it was taking off from the light. Fastest speed I saw on the CBR's speedo was 60 mph, and that only for a brief moment; most of the time it looked like they were traveling at the same speed as prevailing traffic, but the wide angle lens of the helmetcam makes it appear they were traveling faster than they actually were. Hell, I wish all the LEOs were as laid back and good natured as that one. Hope he appeals and gets his job back but, if he does, he'll likely not be as friendly toward motorcyclists. Damn shame an incident this trivial was blown so far out of proportion, IMHO.

Chief Murphy is a pompous ass.

I am appalled that this ambassador of goodwill should be fired for such minor horseplay.

WTF is this world coming to?