New Windshield

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Radrev

Reaction score
Living in Connecticut and riding well into the winter and cold weather, I began a search for a new windshield. I settled on a California Scientific shield, ordered a large and a week later it arrived - broken. No damage to the box except holes in the bottom where the bottom points of the windshield went through the box - there was no packing material in the box except for one 18" by 12" piece of bubble wrap stuck to the plastic bag the windshield was in. The protective plastic over the windshield was missing on 1/2 of the windshield. When I asked for a new windshield I got "we know how to ship windshields, UPS damaged this, send us pictures . . " I sent the pictures, I called 24 hours later and windshield has not been shipped and I get "I hope to deal with this tonight". I mentioned the poor packing and the guy gives me "well if you do think we know how to ship windshields, I'll give you your money back . . ." I asked for my money back.

Working in customer service for years, this company does not have a clue. I'll start looking again for a windshield from someone else.

Too bad...Customer service isn't what it used to be, find one that wants your business.

Cee Bailey has always been good to deal with and...knows how to pack a windshield!

--G

Too bad...Customer service isn't what it used to be, find one that wants your business.
Cee Bailey has always been good to deal with and...knows how to pack a windshield!

--G
+1, my CB shorty came packed as if to survive falling off the delivery truck at 70mph.

I too bought a CalSci large screen. It was packed similarly and had light scratches in the middle of the screen. Called CalSci and was told how I could buff the scratches out myself or send it back and they would buff 'em out.

My CB came packed very well. Fit and finish-wise, the CB is a work of art compared to the CalSci.

I have no idea how well they ship them but I have a V-Streem and it does a great job keeping me warm and dry in bad weather. I put the short stock one on in the hot months.

--G
+1, my CB shorty came packed as if to survive falling off the delivery truck at 70mph.
I completely agree, I received my Cee Bailey's sport dark grey windshield for my '13 yesterday and the packing was completely over the top, even for UPS it would take quite an effort to damage that windscreen. I've purchased from Cee Bailey's multiple times and the quality never disappoints, buy once cry once... the windshield looks amazing on the bike, so much better than OEM, too bad winter is settling in for its long stay... blah...

I was actually looking at buying a Cal-Sci in the next few weeks. I do believe I will spend my money elsewhere after reading about this.

Cee Bailies +2 +2 with the flip on the top. 12,000 and it still looks new. Great product and they know how to pack a wind screen.

I am sorry to hear about your experience. I purchased a CalSci several months ago. It shipped the next day and arrived covered in a plastic and wrapped in a big piece of felt. The box also had tons of bubble wrap, a microfiber cloth, and bottle of spray cleaner. As you would guess, it was in perfect condition.

I have had a Yamaha Touring and a V-Stream but have been MUCH happier with my CalSci. It is very quiet and has the "suck zone" has disappeared.

Disclaimer... I have no financial or other association with Cal Sci.

I probably have somewhat less concern about one being shipped poorly packed than I do about the response from CalSci to shields arriving damaged. Telling a customer how to repair an unistalled, damaged shield rather than replacing it doesn't sound like good policy.

I have a Cal-Sci on my 07 and it too was shipped in a felt bag and well wrapped. No damage. As opposed to the stock screen it is very quiet and due to the triangular opening on the lower center, it seems to eliminate the turbulence behind the screen. I have no issues with CB and have used them on a BMW. Not sure if the CB is designed to deal with the turbulence matter on the FJR.