Suzuki GXR recall

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krell

Reaction score
Wow Suzuki is recalling ALL 2004 - 2013 GXR 600, 750 and 2005 - 2013 GXR 1000. Apparently there is an issue with the design of the attachment of the brake fluid reservoir to the master which does not allow gas trapped in the master to be vented back to the reservoir. I suppose it means a new master for GXR owners. That has got to be costly for Suzuki.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK Fine
uhoh.gif

My old 2004 GSX-R600 with "The fix." You have to look closely, but them there is QUALITY parts from a quality manufacturer.
biggrin.png

DSC_5133_zpsb11242da.jpg

Looks like Yammie calipers on your Gixxer, there. I assume the master cylinder matches.

Why the swap? Did you have problems with the stock brakes....or did your crystal ball tell you to?!

It was like that when I got it. PO bought it wrecked, discovered that the yamaha forks, brakes, and wheel he had all went right in and got it rolling. GSX-R75 swingarm on the back with a yamaha wheel and brake. I managed to get them all swapped for Suzuki stuff just in time for us to decide to quit our jobs and move back south, so I sold it to pay for the move.
sad.png
Still have most of that Yamaha stuff in the garage though somewhere.

Latest posts