Florida Riders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garyahouse

newbs need the forum
Reaction score
Before we get planning our next ride, perhaps a few pics from the 11/23/13 ride?

Mark took this one:

IMG_0016.jpg

And I took this one:

IMG_0018.jpg

Ha... Mark's the only guy here who's belly is bigger than mine !! Roy, who as of this writing has exactly one post on the forum, showed up with questions about this new world. He was not sure if he was going to keep his 4 month old AE with it's automatic clutch. We answered a load of questions and he seemed to enjoy a careful examination of the parking lot below. He had to leave early, so missed out on the group pic above.

The bikes started rolling in right about 11:00. It looked like a parking lot out front:

IMG_0019.jpg

There was lots of great food: here we're learning about some of New York's finest...

IMG_0014.jpg

Slicin' 'maters... I remember Joe asking Mark for a knife that would actually cut as the one Mark had provided was mutilating the skins. We never told him why we gave him a really dull knife at first...
punk.gif
It was amazing how good them things tasted on Mark's burgers --

IMG_0015.jpg

Then we spent a lot of time checking out all the farkles:

IMG_0021.jpg

Check out the extra storage below

IMG_0023.jpg

headlight covers and serious extra lighting. Can you count the actual number of LED's in the picture below?

IMG_0022.jpg

Those iron butt boys are a different breed...

IMG_0020.jpg

Carbon fiber. He had a matching carbon fiber fenda extenda.

IMG_0012.jpg

Mark's new (to him) Bergman... Note he's doing what he does best, gabbing
bleh.gif

IMG_0013.jpg

Note the hydration cooler is missing. Not to worry, we made sure he got plenty hydrated
mda.gif

IMG_0010.jpg

Several guys sported highway pegs

IMG_0011.jpg

Custom made gas tank cover/organizer, butt beads and Russel to the rescue...

IMG_0024.jpg

Same stuff treats, different flavor:

IMG_0009.jpg

Staintunes and a top rack mounted above the Givi

IMG_0008.jpg

Gen 1's representing old school thinking: is older indeed better?

IMG_0007.jpg

For those who came: thank you for helping to make this the best meet up ever.

For those who didn't: there will be another time. we're just gettin' started.

Gary

darksider #44

Last edited by a moderator:
The NY Hot Dogs and Burgers were very good if I must say so myself! :))

It's 11:30pm and I'm still full. That's a good sign. I must have eaten waaaay too much. Not worried.... It'll be gone by morning and I'll be hungry again. :)

I was a bit late (12:30ish) as my battery was low and had to do a quickie charge @ 6+ amps. That's what I get for letting the bike sit! I need to replace that anyway over the winter as it's starting to give me more trouble.

It was good to ride over, see some old friends, and get to know others better. I missed the main chow down but there was still a burger left so made a sauerkraut burger so all was good! Thanks Mark for having a place to go to. See you guys down the road somewhere!

We could have a tech day or similar in beautiful Mims if you want in the next couple of months. I have plenty of room, decent garage and tools.........

We could have a tech day or similar in beautiful Mims if you want in the next couple of months. I have plenty of room, decent garage and tools.........
A January tech day would be great! - Because WE can! AND because Jim's Garage is just plain awesome!

Thanks Gary for letting me ride on the dark side. (Still considering)

Thanks to everyone who showed up. A good time indeed...

If anyone has ideas for future meets... post up!

A January tech day would be great! - Because WE can! AND because Jim's Garage is just plain awesome!

Thanks Gary for letting me ride on the dark side. (Still considering)

Thanks to everyone who showed up. A good time indeed...

If anyone has ideas for future meets... post up!
A Tech Day would be great. I have a standing yearly appointment to hit 5 airplanes in Puerto Rico every January. I never know the exact time frame though. I'll call them up and get an approximate date. I'll make sure I'm in town for that. I'm like Tony. It's time I started doing more of the maintenance on my bike. It'll be cheaper and I'll know it's done right.
Gary, thank Mark for me for the hospitality. I was diggin' that back yard all day. See Ya'll next time. :)

Huron,

This is the first time you've responded to one of our Florida posts that I can remember. Your avatar says you're from N. America. That doesn't tell me much. Where are you located? Get out more, you say? Dude, we all need to get out more. There's no question about that. Life's too short to spend it earning money every week. These get togethers are so much fun.

For what it's worth, GUYS, SINCE WE'RE ALL TRYING TO GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER BETTER, LET'S MAKE A CHANGE THAT WILL MAKE THAT PROCESS A LITTLE EASIER. COULD WE AGREE TO SIGN OUR NAME AT THE BOTTOM OF EACH POST WE MAKE? IT'S JUST A LITTLE THING, BUT IT WOULD MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE. WE WANNA LEARN EVERYBODY'S NAMES.

It's important and it's worth it.

Gary

darksider #44

I'd definitely be interested in a tech day if my work schedule cooperates.

Jesse

It was good to meet some of forum members, though I can't remember everyone's name. Future meet ups would cure that though. A tech day sounds great, as would a ride to somewhere. I'll keep my eyes open here for future meets.

Rob

+1 to that. Had a great time and big thanks to Gary for organising and Mark for being so generous with the venue and food.

I really enjoyed meeting the faces behind the handles and discovering how much else some of us have in common. Some of the names I remember but guess they will come easier in time, but it was just great meeting some like minded peeps.

A January meet sounds great. BTW any chance some names can be added to the pics?

Thanks

Steve

Hi Vic. Yes I remember us talking over the good old days!! Great fun.

Guess I should have said that's me, second from the right in the group pics just behind you, also in a brown tee.

Steve

December is going to be very crowded for me. My daughter's getting married on the 29th, the FJR is in pieces out in the workshop-- getting a fork and caliper overhaul; just too much going on for me. I'm thinking January: maybe the second week after the holidays are done and we're all back to a normal schedule of trying to pay off the bills??

Gary

I'm thinking January: maybe the second week after the holidays are done and we're all back to a normal schedule of trying to pay off the bills??
Sounds good to me - so let's shoot for either Saturday the 11th or 18th?

I'll get my shop in shape, free up a lift if we need it, and generally just clean it up some so we have space to do things. Sound good?

Let's get a sounding on a good date and plan for it here in my shop in Mims.

Jim

I'm thinking January: maybe the second week after the holidays are done and we're all back to a normal schedule of trying to pay off the bills??
Sounds good to me - so let's shoot for either Saturday the 11th or 18th?

I'll get my shop in shape, free up a lift if we need it, and generally just clean it up some so we have space to do things. Sound good?

Let's get a sounding on a good date and plan for it here in my shop in Mims.

Jim
I am in ! Either Saturday should be good for me.

I'm in for either date. Will be good to see all again. If we have time, I have a Murph's crise control to install. Only if there is time and space. Vic, I can show you how to pull and lube drive shaft if you want. We had bee talking about doing that service for a short time.

Jim

I'm in for either Saturday. Jim, I'll let you show me how to lube the drive shaft if we get around to it. Not a big priority but, it'll be good to know. Thanks!

Count me in too. If we can settle on a date, it would help freeing up that Saturday.

I would like to see the pumpkin pull that FLFJRS was talking about, I really need to learn more about working on the bike!

Rob