Announcing the How The West Was Won 2014 Colorado Rally

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Reaction score
Folks, I'm happy to announce the 2014 Colorado Rally, "How The West Was Won", to the FJR Forums Community.

The How The West Was Won Rally will run from Friday the 25th of July to Sunday the 27th of July, 2014. The rally is 32 hours in duration and features some of the best riding in the country, coupled with some of the most unique and interesting locations to be found in the colorful state of Colorado.

For more information and to register for the event, please visit https://corally2014.ledrider.com/

The rally will be run out of Georgetown, CO, at the Georgetown mountain Inn; a quick commute for riders in the western and mid-western states. Our staff has some familiar faces in the LD Community.

This is one rally you won't want to miss for 2014, and spaces are limited to 50 riders/2-up couples. Spaces are filling quick, so please don't delay, and get your registrations in early. Any questions, please reply here :)

I'm in
sleep.png

Mr. & Mrs. AuburnFJR and Mr. & Mrs. Beamer Reamer are signed up for another 32 hour 2 up rally!

In and Paid

Last edited by a moderator:
Total FJR Domination at this time. Currently 7 FJR's registered with one pending. That's more than all other makes an models combined!

Man this sounds like a good time. Unfortunately a relatively new job and limited vactaion time deny me ths opportunity. Good luck and ride safe to all who attend. I look forward to all the ride reports though.

Spots are filling up at a good pace, and we have an awesome group of riders so far. Here's the current breakdown.

Kawasaki - 11.76%
BMW - 25.53%
HD - 5.88%
Suzuki - 5.88%
Yamaha - 47.05%
Honda - 5.88%

Things are really shaping up here for an awesome and fun rally
smile.png

FYI FJR folks - we're about half full now. Rider limit has been reduced to 45, after re-evaluating our function space. Don't wait to long if your thinking about joining in the fun, spots are filling up at a good clip. We won't be posting a rider list for rider privacy reasons, but we can tell you that we have a list of great riders, including the RM's of three other rallies.

In!
weirdsmiley.gif

Bringing The Beast out of LD retirement for this....
punk.gif
And really, how could you not want to compete against this guy?
not_i.gif
I'm pretty stoked as a rookie RM to have Warchild riding in our rally
punk.gif

We are now past the half full mark :)

BMW is starting to catch up to mama Yama, so we need some more FJR's!

Kawasaki 13%
Honda 4.4%
Suzuki 4.4%
HD 8.7%
BMW 30.4%
Yamaha 39.1%

This is one event you don't want to miss - sign up soon before the spots are gone
bike.gif

I'm really looking forward to this one, Justin! I should have the auxiliary tank AND the auxiliary lights installed in plenty of time...

We've had a number of people inquire about the "personal tracking device" requirement for the HW3 rally. If you do not have an actual Spot unit (although we highly recommend it) , there are options available for smart phones that can be used instead. For Android based phones, there is an app called Bubbler GPS (https://bubblergps.com/), and for Iphones, there is an app called Followmee (followmee.com). Both of these will be acceptable for use during the rally.

We still have spots left - hope to see you there!

I think I finally have the auxiliary lights and the auxiliary fuel worked out to my satisfaction! I'm really looking forward to this event.

Mr. & Mrs. AuburnFJR and Mr. & Mrs. Beamer Reamer are signed up for another 32 hour 2 up rally!
In and Paid
Justin, sorry but I am going to have to pull out. I believe the Beamer Reamers are still planning to attend.

Folks - we still have some room left. Registration is going to stay open for a few more weeks. However, shirt orders are going in early June, so late sign ups are not guaranteed a rally shirt. Awesome group of riders so far, but like I said, we can fit a few a few more.

We've had a number of people inquire about the "personal tracking device" requirement for the HW3 rally. If you do not have an actual Spot unit (although we highly recommend it) , there are options available for smart phones that can be used instead. For Android based phones, there is an app called Bubbler GPS (https://bubblergps.com/), and for Iphones, there is an app called Followmee (followmee.com). Both of these will be acceptable for use during the rally.
We still have spots left - hope to see you there!
SWConnect is also a good iPhone app that allows viewing of location in Spotwalla if the RM approves it's use.