Come to the Phoenix Tamale Festival on Saturday, December 14 con Senor Medina - Papa Chuy Viejo!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
Reaction score
Come to the Phoenix Tamale Festival on Saturday, December 14 con Senor Medina - Papa Chuy Viejo!

Papa's going to take the 10am Light Rail train from the Apache and McClintock station, there is free parking across the street. I will then eat tamales and drink beer until I can't eat anymore la Comida!

TamaleFest_121513.jpg

I could go to that, but my mom, my mom in law, and 3/4 of my friends make them. We end up with enough tamales every Christmas to last us year round. Hot tamales with red chile is a meal fit for a king!!

I could go to that, but my mom, my mom in law, and 3/4 of my friends make them. We end up with enough tamales every Christmas to last us year round. Hot tamales with red chile is a meal fit for a king!!

Off Topic: Stop stuttering, damnit!

On Topic: McClintock Road/Apache Boulevard Station

1811 East Apache Boulevard, inside Grigio Metro garage

Served By: Route 81, METRO light rail; free parking.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1, Gunny; I love Tamales, working in Construction here in Phoenix I really miss the Tamale trucks that would come out every day to the job sites (now retired)!
dining-tamales.jpg
Since you are retired you should have the time to follow the Tamale trucks from job site to job site.

+1, Gunny; I love Tamales, working in Construction here in Phoenix I really miss the Tamale trucks that would come out every day to the job sites (now retired)!

dining-tamales.jpg
Since you are retired you should have the time to follow the Tamale trucks from jobsite to jobsite.
+1, Gunny Guillermo; a fantastic idea yamafitter, if they have the Cerveza (Beer) trucks following them: Papa Chuy Viejo is so IN!

Its on my calender Tio. Maybe I will remember this Light Rail ride home. ;D

==================================================

Mi Sobrino Enrique, not if the Tecate Girls are there ese!

tecate-girls6_opt.jpg
tecate-girls.jpg
tecate_girls.jpg

Nice crowd at the Phoenix Tamale Festival today, this event plus Cinco de Mayo are Chuy's Favoritos ese.

Papa Chuy Viejo always looks forward to seeing The Tecate Cerveza Girl, this is beautiful Senorita Maria!

These are some of my friends from Mesa, Arizona that I rode the Metro Light Rail with to downtown Phoenix.

The Hombre on the right es mi Sobrino (my Nephew) Enrique Garza, Henry is a Mesa Firefighter / EMT.

At the West End of Washington St. they had a stage set up, Norteno Bandas y Folklorico Baile con Musica!

Papa Chuy Viejo consumed seis tamales at the Festival, two each of beef, pork and chicken; as well as drinking quatro Cervezas Tecate. Also took home a dozen queso con chile verde tamales para la Comida, additionally I took a photo of the "Tecate Boy" Pepe for HotRodZilla AJ "Gay Caballero"! jes' sayin' and nuff said!