Come drink some POISON!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warchild

Benevolent Dictator
Reaction score
punk.gif
weirdsmiley.gif
punk.gif
weirdsmiley.gif
punk.gif
weirdsmiley.gif
punk.gif

Poison_banner_header_V1.jpg

The Cognoscente Group is happy to again torment our good friends in 2014!

Announcing our 2014 "Poison" Endurance Event!

Over the past fifteen years, the Cognoscente Group has created and hosted some of the most outrageous, twisted and extreme Endurance Riding events in the history of the sport. These events are also renowned for their extreme mileage requirements, and forays into various man-arts associated with the frontier West.

For our 15th Anniversary event, we are assembling some of the more toxic elements seen in previous Cognoscente Group events, and are concocting a brew of extremely poisonous threads for riders to select among. Your job is to see how much poison you can take on without becoming ill yourself.

A listing of previous Cognoscente Group events:

• 1999: "Where In The Hell Is Peter Heesch" (WITHIPH)
  • 2000: "Dawg Eat Dawg" (DED)
  • 2001: "MASS GOLD!
  • 2003: "BLISTER!"
  • 2006: "White Pine Fever"
  • 2008: "WORD!
  • 2010: "The Wild, Wild West!"
  • 2012: "End Of Days: Zombie Apocalypse" (EODZA)
Each of these eight infamous events had their own unique, toxic format. "Poison" riders are liable to experience a few of these same toxins, but can they pick their own poison without getting too sick?

Poison_banner_footer_V1.jpg

We must have great karma to have so many FJRForum members both riding in the event, and many are staff for the event as well!

Chuck Hickey (chickey191) will serve as "Poison Control"

Tobie Stevens (Big Chief Stinky Pants) will serve as "Poison Stills Media"

Sameer (PuppyChowFJR) will have a crucial role as a "Poison Pathfinder"

Lisa Stevens (Iron Maiden) will serve as a "Hawt Poison Chick".

See all Poison Staff

Last edited by a moderator:
We are down to only 11 slots remaining.... told ya these Cognoscente events fill up fast.... probably should move fast if you are inclined to attend...

punk.gif

Less than 24 hours.... we are well past the max number of Registrations. And most of those have PayPal'ed their rally fee. Once paid entrants meet the max number, we will start a Wait List.

The Poison alpha-roster (thus far) reads like the proverbial Who's Who inEndurance Riding... the vast majority are IBR vets, and several of those being podium-finishers.

Bike stats:
========
We are quite the heterogeneous group, with representation from most all the mainstream manufacturers:

BMW: ~ 31%
HD: ~ 8%
Honda: ~ 13%
Kawasaki: ~ 4%
Suzuki: 2%
Triumph: ~ 6%
Yamaha: ~ 36%

Gender stats:
==========
Males: ~ 89%
Females: ~ 9%
Bob Higdon: ~ 2%

Regional stats:
=========
Western states represented: ~ 68%
East Coast states represented: ~ 20%
Foreign countries represented: 5 riders from Canada; 3 riders from Texas

I am mildly surprised at the lack of V-Stroms players... Justin's Heavy Bus is the sole Suzuki platform.
punk.gif

Yamaha domination: with the exception of a couple Tenere's, all the Yamaha's are FJR1300s.
weirdsmiley.gif

Can't participate but I am going to try to show up to add another FJR to the parking lot and watch the fun.
smile.png

Totally in and totally psyched.

bike.gif
bike.gif
punk.gif
punk.gif
punk.gif
punk.gif
punk.gif
(then ride home feels like
bike.gif
bike.gif
bike.gif
bike.gif

I have come upon a Maple Farkles aux tank that is now on the bike and itching to run... I was looking at it closely and it says S/N 1 - do I seriously have the first one?

I will be possibly adding a FJR to the parking lot as well- this is my alternate weekend to my first iron butt try. If I succeed on my first attempt I will be there- if I don't make it on my first attempt... then I will see you as I pass through town! This sounds like some insanity I might want to try....

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be possibly adding a FJR to the parking lot as well- this is my alternate weekend to my first iron butt try. If I succeed on my first attempt I will be there- if I don't make it on my first attempt... then I will see you as I pass through town! This sounds like some insanity I might want to try....
Well, if you're not signed up already, it's full with a waiting list.

Wasn't meaning I would be riding- I think the list filled up about 3 days ago- just meaning I was going to be in the area- and watch some of the happenings.
mda.gif

Wasn't meaning I would be riding- I think the list filled up about 3 days ago- just meaning I was going to be in the area- and watch some of the happenings.
mda.gif
I think the list was full a day after it was posted :lol:

There's still room to come play in Colorado though :) .

Totally in and totally psyched.
bike.gif
bike.gif
punk.gif
punk.gif
punk.gif
punk.gif
punk.gif
(then ride home feels like
bike.gif
bike.gif
bike.gif
bike.gif

I have come upon a Maple Farkles aux tank that is now on the bike and itching to run... I was looking at it closely and it says S/N 1 - do I seriously have the first one?
It will be good to see you Nancy.

I'm in too. Be glad to see all my Nevada peeps again. I will give Tobie another shot at getting more compromising pictures of me.