STAGECOACH XVII

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

101stpathfinder

Trading miles for memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
The Last Ride of the Year

Is anyone here planning on this?

This will be my first time in attendance. I hope to see at least one other rider I know there (?)

Planning a midmorning to early afternoon stay with a "Determined" ride back home in time for my anniversary with my wife.

If I don't make it back in time.... well then I guess I will have quite a bit of riding time on the road in the future!
punk.gif
(
no.gif
)

Hope to see you there.

Last edited by a moderator:
T, I've not been to this yet either. We're usually down in the Keys for the holidays but not so this yr. What were your travel plans?

From my house, it looks to be 540 miles, which means to be there for morning coffee I would need to leave Mims ~midnite. No biggy; just thinking........

T, I've not been to this yet either. We're usually down in the Keys for the holidays but not so this yr. What were your travel plans?
From my house, it looks to be 540 miles, which means to be there for morning coffee I would need to leave Mims ~midnite. No biggy; just thinking........
Plans are wide open as I have vacation from the 26th to the 2nd of Jan. I went to WWW over in Cedar Key this past weekend (2 up) and had a blast on some back roads.

Horseshoe Beach RTE was nice, then a BMW group pulled in also to top it off. Larry M. from Jax. said their group was doing a ride over out of Jacksonville. Straight shot across

I-10 and then backroads on up. BUT...

I am considering some backroads all the way there, then blast home I-10 to I-95 and south. I am considering a 2 day ride there and an

overnight stay. The MTF bunch is having a pre-Stagecoach dinner Link: The Motorcycle Tourer's Forum that I was considering.

Weather may determine quite a bit of the planning. (I was considering a little excursion to Monroe, LA)

I have a "Project" I'd like to do prior to Stagecoach involving some riding.
rolleyes.gif

I am off work then and may ride down Sunday. A glance at hotels and prices shows I might want to overnight in Pensacola.

I'll probably back road it to Lagrange, Ga and take I65 down. I'll have more time to kill on the return leg and may take a more southerly route.

I try to get there every year providing I can get out of snow and or ice. Do not arrive after about 2:00 or you will be there by yourself!
bye.gif

If it gets up to the 60's up in these here parts by then Tony, consider me in. :cold: 1319 (unheated) miles
60's in MN in December!? Good luck with that. You'll be lucky to get out of your driveway on the bike.

I am off work then and may ride down Sunday. A glance at hotels and prices shows I might want to overnight in Pensacola.I'll probably back road it to Lagrange, Ga and take I65 down. I'll have more time to kill on the return leg and may take a more southerly route.
Rest stops are real $ savers! The panhandle (way up north) can be so cold way up there!
cold.gif

I am going to plan in route.

qksilver, I am considering this. If you plan to swinging by Indy, we can go down to AL together and back. It will be cold up by us but probably warm up south of KY. PM me if you are serious about trying this.

If it gets up to the 60's up in these here parts by then Tony, consider me in.
cold.gif

1319 (unheated) miles
60's in MN in December!? Good luck with that. You'll be lucky to get out of your driveway on the bike.
That was the whole point.

But I'll be there in spirit. Much warmer that way.

The powers of the universe are conspiring against me. I'm awaiting a email from Traxxion to see if i have to remove my forks again today to change the to cap / damper rod connection. Heated gear not working on brief test ride yesterday...It worked great before I fixed it lol

For those that have been going to Stagecoach for several years I have sad news.

Ray Fagan, the originator of the Last Ride of the Year passed away this morning. 12-18-14

He will be missed.

Tony,

I am planning on going and will be headed out some time Sunday morning. A lot of us get together for dinner the night before in Bay Minette, AL at a restaurant called Streets Restaurant at 6:00 PM. Many of us stay at a small hotel in Bay Minette called the Windwood Inn. I have a room there if you want to share. Shoot me an email if you are interested.

I will be headed up Sunday am also. Going to ride up to Mims and join up with Jim (fljab) and

Ride up for the dinner. Got to go riding the 26th-27th on a project then get the bike ready (Tires)

Saturday.

Then early Sunday it's "Hello Alabama"

1st Stagecoach !

I have a couple of small technical issues to get sorted out next week and I'm in!

The Windwood Inn doesn't look to bad online, although 1 guy claims he got bed bugs in 2011.

Perhaps I can catch you guy at Streets Sunday night.

I'll be the old fat guy on a FJR.

I'll be there... I'm about 15 miles from the Stagecoach :)

The Windwood is probably your best bet, don't stay at Bay Inn it is pretty run down now days. There are no new hotels in town, but the Windwood has always had a decent reputation.

I will be headed up Sunday am also. Going to ride up to Mims and join up with Jim (fljab) andRide up for the dinner. Got to go riding the 26th-27th on a project then get the bike ready (Tires)

Saturday.

Then early Sunday it's "Hello Alabama"

1st Stagecoach !
Man, I hope I can keep up!!

I can't do tires on the 27th (company at the house - or maybe we meet somewhere - I forget...), but can on the 26th if you want to come up.