Dirt Biking Houston Mesa and Fire Control Roads in Arizona!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
Reaction score
From AZ Beemer Charles Ratliff: Dirt Biking Houston Mesa and Fire Control Roads in Arizona!

Hello all!

Nice chilly day trip up to Payson area to run Houston Mesa Rd., 1st Crossing, (2nd and 3rd Crossings were closed for winter re-work) and to run the traverse across the Fire Control Road that dumps out into the 87 north of Natural Bridge State Park. I did this road back during hot weather but it was nice today, sparse traffic and comfortable temps (i.e. less frigid as the day went on!). I also ran the side road up to Washington Park. Is this the area where the old tunnel is that goes into the rim? A little bit of dark sheeny highway ice in a couple spots on the way up, and some frozen mud here and there on the FCR, scenery is a little bit bare and brown, otherwise a gorgeous day!

https://picasaweb.google.com/100612197032175377059/HoustonMesa122713?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCPKo6PqI_cqPXA&feat=directlink

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!

Latest posts