2014 Moonshine Lunch Run

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like a fun event that is close to me! I'll have to check my calendar to see if I should register.

Wait for the SS1K ride to be updated Karl
punk.gif
Some added routes
rolleyes.gif
You`re welcome.

This is one of those, 'if you ride, you need to do it one time' rides.

Proud to have waited in line for 2 hours....

It was a darn good burger btw....

OK, we are registered! What is this ride like? I see we start in Casey, IL and finish a couple miles away in Moonshine, IL, but I see nothing else about where we go, just that we will be sent off in groups every 30 minutes.

Also, we are considering the SS1K for our first LD event!
omg2.gif

OK, we are registered! What is this ride like? I see we start in Casey, IL and finish a couple miles away in Moonshine, IL, but I see nothing else about where we go, just that we will be sent off in groups every 30 minutes.
Also, we are considering the SS1K for our first LD event!
omg2.gif
An SS1K to Moonshine won't be a bad idea, seeing how Moonshine Lunch Run is a ride to eat meet & greet. The riding part is all about getting there and going home.

I look upon the Moonshine gathering as a chance to actually meet and talk to those riders I only had a chance to wave at in passing while crossing BFE.

I've had a few burgers there, but this year other priorities dictate I take a pass........ riding is flat there, the usual organized ride goes north of Casey, maybe the museum for lunch.... it's OK but not great. The whole thing is a gigantic RTE over 3 days......

Went last year (logged the SS1k too) and for awhile afterwards we sorta laughed about it, saying we'd probably never do it again. Weather definitely lived up to the motto and we had to leave rather early Saturday. But just a couple of weeks ago it came up again in conversation and before you knew it it was like, "Well . . . you know . . . we didn't get to see the Arch and . . . ." Go figure.

I'm signed up for the Moonshine Lunch Run, gonna try for my SS1000K from Orlando. Leaving Thursday noon or so. Puts me in Casey late morning Friday morning. Really looking forward to this event.

Signed up under my AVA user name (JRSHAW921) probably gonna take the Voyager on this ride, just cuz it needs miles. Meeting an old friend in Indy Friday morning hopefully. Have not ridden with him since '09. We used to ride together at least twice a month. Will be really good to see him again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ladies and Gentlemen;
This is the last week you may register for this years ride-in to Moonshine. For new riders this is an ideal way to become a member of theIron Butt Association. Get a start receipt from one of 70 locations with your mileage. Acquire a midpoint receipt, and a finish receipt in Casey, Il.
Turn all receipts with mileage and receive your certificate on the spot, Fri. April 11, 2014. No mailing in and waiting! Also receive some cool metal tags that only successful riders receive!
We are way behind last year at this time.
https://sites.google.com/site/mlrss1k/home
Thanks for looking
Rick Martin

Update for Moonshine Lunch Run/ SS1k.

As of this minute there are 844 registered for Moonshine and 54 riders doing a SS1K to Casey. Just guessing, as in the past, there are probably another 200 that don`t bother to sign up. Then of course many don`t come for one reason or another.

I will predict, based on long range forecast, we will break the record! Be part of it.

Think I'll go for the breakfast burger this year.

the end of the line for the lunch burger got lost in the woods last year

I ran the Peoria-Granada, MS., Casey SS1K Saturday. Construction in Memphis. Good weather all the way. 60 miles to starting point, and 150 back home from Casey. 1257 miles, in 16 hr. 24 min. Minimal police protection the entire route except southern Il. on I-57.

Just checked the rider registration for Moonshine 1015! Could be a record according to the weather report.
punk.gif