Washington D.C. International Motorcycle Show Jan. 10-12

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I am not out of town, I'll go. Maybe we can specify some lunch spot?

I will be attending this on Saturday 1/11. Here is the link to the show and advance tickets: https://www.motorcycleshows.com/washington-dc?gclid=COfbt9Pd37sCFclcMgodQAIAoQ Anyone else planning to attend? If the weather permits we will be riding. Otherwise we will park in Springfield and ride the Metro in.
I'll be right over...
Seriously, come on down. You have a place to stay if you want. Bring Jauquie.
Jacquie may be out of a job by then...things are not looking good.

I'm going Bob. I've been talking to Jay about it & I'll be staying with him. We'll need to work out some things... such as where to meet... where to have lunch & mostly where to have lunch. I will be with Jay after all.

Coming in by car. Not chancing the weather.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going Bob. I've been talking to Jay about it & I'll be staying with him. We'll need to work out some things... such as where to meet... where to have lunch & mostly where to have lunch. I will be with Jay after all.
Thinking a lot about lunch eh? If we want to go up together I could just pick you guys up at Jay's and then we can drive up to Sprinfield and Metro in.

I will be attending this on Saturday 1/11. Here is the link to the show and advance tickets: https://www.motorcycleshows.com/washington-dc?gclid=COfbt9Pd37sCFclcMgodQAIAoQ Anyone else planning to attend? If the weather permits we will be riding. Otherwise we will park in Springfield and ride the Metro in.
I'll be right over...
Jacquie may be out of a job by then...things are not looking good.
Well that sucks! I hope everything works out. Maybe you guys need to relocate down here somewhere!

Have you heard from Jay, yet?... because that would be fine with me.

I'll be there but was thinking of coming for the shorter day on Friday. Hours are 3-8pm. Has anyone been to this event? I don't really know what to expect. I used to work in DC so I know parking will be an issue. Was thinking of using the metro also.

I'm forced to go on Saturday. I've been to it once before. Expect to see lots of bikes & a few vendors peddling their wares. I hope to have a little extra money to bring with me so I can buy stuff. They had a show while I was there a few years back. They had a couple bikes riding inside of a huge ball. There was a few dirt bikes doing jumps, also.

Good point..I'll have to bring some cash for the extra$. Hopefully they will have some things I need for my long trip this year.. Enjoy yourself on Saturday.

I'll be there but was thinking of coming for the shorter day on Friday. Hours are 3-8pm. Has anyone been to this event? I don't really know what to expect. I used to work in DC so I know parking will be an issue. Was thinking of using the metro also.
I have been all but one year for the last 4. Last years was the biggest. A lot of vendors and all the major manufacturers had new bikes on display. There were a couple of displays of some classics. The main stage had a variety of different offerings throughout the day. It was pretty easy to park the bike the one time we took it. The Metro is the way to go, though. There is a stop right at the convention center (Mt. Vernon Sq.).

I have been all but one year for the last 4. Last years was the biggest. A lot of vendors and all the major manufacturers had new bikes on display. There were a couple of displays of some classics. The main stage had a variety of different offerings throughout the day. It was pretty easy to park the bike the one time we took it. The Metro is the way to go, though. There is a stop right at the convention center (Mt. Vernon Sq.).
Awesome. Many thanks. I figure I won't need much time to check things out. That's why I wanted to do Friday only. Basically just wanted to check out BMW's spot (REALLY like that R1200RT!) and try to find some better riding gear if they sell any there. Figured I could catch up with some old co-workers at the same time. It's a long day from where I live but what else am I going to do on a day off? I definitely didn't want to ride in even though the weather probably won't be too bad. Just not worth the stress of riding in DC on a Friday.

I highly recommend the pupusas at the Tortilla Cafe. https://tortillacafe.com

Awesome. Many thanks. I figure I won't need much time to check things out. That's why I wanted to do Friday only. Basically just wanted to check out BMW's spot (REALLY like that R1200RT!) and try to find some better riding gear if they sell any there. Figured I could catch up with some old co-workers at the same time. It's a long day from where I live but what else am I going to do on a day off? I definitely didn't want to ride in even though the weather probably won't be too bad. Just not worth the stress of riding in DC on a Friday.
You are right about driving in on a week day. You can catch a train from Wilmington and then Metro from Union Station. Besides, if you are going to be buying stuff you don't want to be riding anyway. I would only ride up on Saturdays. Looks like a few of us will be driving to the metro and heading in on Saturday. Have fun.

I'll bite.
Me?

I'll call you this weekend.

DC? Not this guy! I spent 3 months there one week! What'a zoo!
You weren't in DC you dork. You were in Maryland!

I'll be right over...
I talked to her last night about this...we'll have to wait and see what happens with her job. I'll let you know next week...it would be great to see you guys.

I'll be right over...
I talked to her last night about this...we'll have to wait and see what happens with her job. I'll let you know next week...it would be great to see you guys.
Cool!