Free National Park Days!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While on a little FJR excursion I approached the guard station at one of the entrances at Glacier National Park.

I gave the ranger $10. and he gave me a pass for life.

I guess it had something to do with my age.

I buy a Natl Park Pass every year - best $80 I'll ever spend and it supports the parks. Not only does it pay for itself after a trip or two but I've used it to get other riders into parks who were going to turn around because of the entrance fee. Once we were inside and seeing what this country has to offer, they were thankful they didn't pass up the experience and agreed the annual pass is worth the investment.

https://store.usgs.gov/pass/index.html

https://store.usgs.gov/pass/annual.html

While on a little FJR excursion I approached the guard station at one of the entrances at Glacier National Park.

I clicked the URL provided by LCB (thanks for that!) and found the explanation for your $10 lifetime pass... it's a Senior (62 or older) lifetime pass. This is great! Per the website:

1. What is the Senior Pass? A $10.00 lifetime pass that provides access to more than 2,000 recreation sites managed by five Federal agencies, with up to 100% of the proceeds being used to improve and enhance visitor recreation services.

At many sites the Senior Pass provides the pass owner a discount on Expanded Amenity Fees (such as camping, swimming, boat launching, and guided tours).

See Senior Pass Benefits section.
  2. Who qualifies for the Senior Pass? U.S. citizens or permanent residents who are 62 years or older. (You must have turned 62 before you can buy the pass).

NOTE: Owning property or paying taxes in the U.S. does not automatically qualify you for a Senior Pass. You must be a permanent U.S. resident, or a U.S. citizen with identification such as U.S. Driver's License, Green Card or U.S. Passport.

I've learned to get things like this in life, you have to be one of two things...

1. Old ;)

2. Good Looking (and cleavage usually helps!)

---Or---

In Don's case, he's both, so the Ranger gives him the Golden Ticket and his phone number
blush2.gif

I've learned to get things like this in life, you have to be one of two things...

1. Old
wink.png

---Or---

In Don's case, he's both, so the Ranger gives him the Golden Ticket and his phone number
blush2.gif
KJ, you do know don't you that George Clooney and I are identical twins? jes' sayin' and nuff said!

I got my Senior Pass at the Canyonlands Nat. Park outside of Moab, UT. About 4 hours later I parked my FJR in a "Senior Parking" zone at the Moab Market. I didn't make it 10 feet before I was being yelled at by a tiny white haired lady that was probably 75-80. She told me in no uncertain terms that where I had parked was for "Seniors ONLY"....and a senior was 55 or older. I was ready to show her my Senior Park pass but when I told her my age she only asked why a senior would be riding a motorcycle (and gave it a dirty look as she walked by). It was one of the highlights of the trip.
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Free annual national parks pass is also available to AD military and reservists. In addition, any national parks pass is good for access to national forest resources also. I use it for parking in national forests around San Diego and Los Angeles when hiking. This saves another $30/year.

1. Old
wink.png

---Or---

blush2.gif
KJ, you do know don't you that George Clooney and I are identical twins? jes' sayin' and nuff said!

Holy ship! You're right-on with this one, identical twins for sure. You both got the same phat wallet too!
smile.png
tonguesmiley.gif
(Don, TBH, I'm jus jealous of your looks and more-so of your phat wad!) hehe

JS'NS

-KJ

Last edited by a moderator: