Rocky Point MEX-Donna's B-Day-FastJoyRide Canucks!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
Reaction score
Rocky Point Mexico Ride: My Girlfriend Miss Donna's Birthday and Canuck Amigos Dave and Sylvia Dykes - "FastJoyRide" visiting! Saturday, February 22 through Monday, February 24.

Depart Chandler at 0900 hours, pick up West Valley Riders in Gila Bend at 1000; cross into Mexico at Noon and be on Sandy Beach by 1300 hours. Weekend of Sun, Fun, Food and Drinking!

https://www.rockypointtravel.com/resorts/sky/info.htm We're looking at staying at the Sonoran Sky Resort, I'll see if I can work a group discount with them. 3 couples aboard already.

Dave and Sylvia will be riding our 2013 FJR and Donna and I'll be riding our BMW K1600GT, if you attended CFR Nakusp, British Columbia in 2009: Dave and Sylvia were Rallymasters!

Last edited by a moderator:
man%20(1).jpg

We will depart from the Love’s Truck Stop located at the intersection of Wildhorse Pass Road/Sunburst Road and Interstate 10 at 0900 hours on Saturday, February 22. This is very clearly marked as Exit Number 162.

At 1000 we'll meet up with other outlying riders at the McDonald’s Restaurant in Gila Bend. If you need to have a little snack before we have lunch in Rocky Point do it here! https://www.mcarizona.com/11680

This aerial shot was taken of the Sonoran Sky Resort site while it was still under construction, it's located in the middle of this pic!

original.jpg

Here is a quick report on the Sonoran Sky Resort that's at Rocky Point.
We stayed there in early November and the weather was perfect. Both for the ride and the stay.
The resort is a beautiful place to stay with a view to kill for. The rooms are huge and very well presented. Clean and well maintained. Great bar at the pool and good people watching.
They only were heating one pool while were there. The non heated pools were to cold to use.
There is one restaurant and it sucks! Terrible food and poor service. We ate in town one night and it was very good. I would go back.

Gordie T

Whatever,,, what people really want to know is,,,, when are you going to sell Gisselle?

To me, of course!

Tu favorita gringo no?

P.S. Happy birthday Donna

Looks like a fun trip Don. Another tempting proposition to escape the winter doldrums!!

--G
Gorgeous George, You and Your Honey are welcome to ride the BMW F650GS Twin; Donna and I rode two up on it all around Cabo San Lucas, La Paz and Todos Santos! Has Vario saddlebags and top box, with Touratech tank bag; comfortable enough for 250 mile days, the distance to Puerto Penasco, Sonora Estado, Mexico. jes' sayin' and nuff said!

Whatever,,, what people really want to know is,,,, when are you going to sell Gisselle?To me, of course!

Tu favorita gringo no?

P.S. Happy birthday Donna
I am so terribly sorry Marky-Mark, but my Irish Nephew Old Michael has First Dibs on mein Gisele! jes' sayin' and nuff said!

Thank you so very much Spencer - AZ Broker, I personally and AZ Beemers Club sincerely appreciate this kind gesture on your part! Mas Caminos y mas Amigos!

Don Stanley
2153 E. Kempton Rd.
Chandler, AZ 85225
Cell: 480-440-4666

-----Original Message-----
To: Don Stanley <[email protected]>
Cc: bbolesaz <bbolesaz
Sent: Tue, Jan 7, 2014 11:27 pm
Subject: Re: AZ Broker, are you still be able to get us these rates for the Sonoran Sky for the nights of February 22 and 23, Saturday and Sunday? 3 couples signed up so far.

Hi Don,

We can certainly do a group discount.

I cannot get 25% off because Feb and Mar are busier then November, but I can get 20% off. Since you're doing Saturday and Sunday the prices with 20% off are almost the same as the rates previously, there is just a couple dollars difference.

Tell your people to call Jonny at 480-429-3844 extension 804. mention AZBeemers, and that Spencer authorized 20% off. I'll let him know tomorrow morning.

Sent from my mobile device

On Jan 7, 2014, at 10:01, Don Stanley <[email protected]> wrote:

AZ Broker, are you still be able to get us these rates for Sonoran Sky for the nights of February 22 and 23, Saturday and Sunday?

OK, hardly helpful. Informative, no. You're just telling me what I already know.... it's sunny and warm there, and there's lots I can't have.

OK, hardly helpful. Informative, no. You're just telling me what I already know.... it's sunny and warm there, and there's lots I can't have.
OK Ray, this one is better eh (ese)! Note: In the Spanish language the word 'ese' means the same thing as 'eh' does in the Canuckistani language! As our HotRodZilla - AJ always says: A Canadian is just a Mexican wearing a sweater instead of a wife beater tank top ese (eh)! jes' sayin' and nuff said!

Cruel Don, just a downright low drop-kick right in our Ice-balls, and that's ese'-cum-suck-eh! eh?
nono.gif

We want pics when you get back el'Senior Don Juan!

https://travel.state.gov/passport/processing/processing_1740.html REMINDER: You'll need a Passport for this Ride into Sonora, Mexico, No Exceptions.

If you are a US Citizen all of the required info is at the link above, if you are a Canadian Citizen go to your nearest Tim Horton's or Canadian Tire eh!

ROUTINE SERVICE

As of ( Wednesday January 8, 2014 ), we are processing routine applications in approximately 4-6 weeks from the time of application.

EXPEDITED SERVICE

As of ( Wednesday January 8, 2014 ), we are processing requests for expedited service in about 2-3 weeks door-to-door, when overnight delivery is requested and paid for both ways (to and from the passport agency)*.

*Please note that expedited service is an additional fee of $60.

First Time: https://travel.state.gov/passport/get/first/first_830.html US Passport Renewal: https://travel.state.gov/passport/renew/renew_833.html

And we (me & Deb) never got invited! ...hey, we both are definitely warm weather ho's, ese!

Picture287_zpsdd1d2132.jpg
Mi Compadre KJ, consider yourself cordially invited! Hear you loud and clear Hombre, Papa Chuy Viejo can't do cold weather at all ese! Cabo Wabo:

Slamming down mas y mas Margaritas with Maria Elena - MEM at Hussong's Cantina in downtown Ensenada, Baja California Norte, Mexico:

Note to self:

Don't forget passport, insurance, money, camera and black umbrella.

"Accidentally" leave without wife while she's in a fast food bathroom somewhere in Phoenix.

Slamming down mas y mas Margaritas with Maria Elena - MEM at Hussong's Cantina in downtown Ensenada, Baja California Norte, Mexico:
I think The Best Margarita was at Gigi's (is that her name ? your MX gf
biggrin.png
) in Bahia de Los Angeles.
Her tequila was deelishus

Ensenada did not look like that when I was there in 1974.
no.gif
Don, you missed your calling, u look even more handsomer (not sure if that is a word or not?) with a beautiful red-head by your side. But, those margaritas look kinda small
wink.png

? Is that the "Fitter' in the b/g chatting with a blonde? wholly wrollers... Billy's got game!